Chapter 1- France

Sarah's POV
Writing to my William as Queen Catherine instructed. William is my fiancé but I don't know how much longer I could hold the engagement, for it was arranged by my parents who wanted to be allied with Spain, but of course France is already allied with Spain but yet they had a son who's the heir for the throne.

As I completed the letter I sealed it with the France seal and gave it to my lettermen. Sitting in my chambers quietly and sight. I opened up my window and looked outside, seeing Queen Mary and her Ladies doing a picnic in the garden. I smiled and remembered that Francis was in our old room.

I walked towards our old room and saw Francis working on swords. I stand in the door way and smile. Couldn't believe how many years passed by, seemed like yesterday we were playing and running around the castle with Mary as little kids.

"What you thinking of beauty?" Startled I shake it off and smile.

"Nothing that's important if that what you mean."

"Your lying." Damnit! He can see right through me.

"Just our childhood and how we were children."

We smile and seems like forever staring into each other's eyes. I see he made a new sword handle and I walk towards it. The work is beautiful and very detailed. It must've mean something, every sword means something.

"You like it?" I touch the work and smile.

"Much Francis. But why are you making all these?"

"I believe every King has a skill. For example my Father, his skill is whoring around even though he has a mistress that isn't enough. I just think a King would need to have a skill, something that isn't handed to you directly."

"Well I think you found it Francis." I saw a short sword and smile at it.

"That one I was planning to do it later on for my Mother."

"She cannot fight Francis, we both know that. Who's lying now hm?" Teasing him a tad bit. It was always our specialty towards one another.

"Fair point. It's for Mary, a welcome home gift."

"But her hands aren't small and they're not big either. Your up to something, and I'm going to find out what it is."

"My Lady, are you accusing me of something?"

"Maybe, maybe not." I smirk and he grabs my waist.

"Accusing your future King without proof is treason."

"Not unless my future King is my best friend."

Something about the air attracting us together. The force of ways, the knowledge. The chemistry, the romance. Perhaps it was because we know each other so well.

"Perhaps that best friend can be changed into something more." And with that instant I was scared. I slowly pried his hands away from my waist and excused myself. Something more? What more could he possibly want? Thinking that I would become his mistress then he's mistaken. I will not become a figurative laughing stock of France.

Sitting in my chambers I kept thinking and thinking, that was until my thoughts were disturbed by a knocking in my chambers. As the door opened up I wiped my tears away and straightened my dress out, only to be reveal that Bash was there. Smiling but the smile soon dropped as he saw right through me.

"Sarah, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's nothing Bash. What is it?"

"Um Mary requested you in the garden for a stroll, shall I tell her your not well?"