Chapter 9-Hardships & Where Loyalty Lies

{Those beautiful eyes! 🙈😭}
Sarah's POV
Reading a book in my chambers, as Bash is getting help on what to do as King and whatnot.

"Sarah, are you sure you don't want to step outside? Have fun maybe?"

"No Lola I haven't seen Bash all day long and you know it's starting to worry me in fact-" Before I could say anything, I see Bash in my chamber with blood all over him. Lola gets scared and she leaves us alone.

"Bash what is it?" I put down my book and walk up to him.

"Sarah.....I'm in trouble.....the baby.....pagans......killings....."

"Bash sit down and let me see if there are any extra clothes here for you and you can wash your hands. Just stay calm, did anyone see you coming like this?"

"No, except Mary."

I walk to a drawer and grabbed some clothing for Bash. Helping him remove his shirt and grabbing some water to have him wash himself.

"Okay. Bash, what's wrong with the baby?"

"Hugo is looking for the baby because Catherine realizes it's a pagan. So she sent Hugo to go find the baby."

"The birth mark on the foot."

"And I was after the baby, we found a nurse to take care of her for the time being. They tried to attack the carriage but Sarah, I slaughtered them. I had to protect her Sarah, I promised Isabel."

"Bash, Bash. It's alright, it's going to be okay. Your Father is back with the documents for your legitimization, we will find out tomorrow at our engagement."

"My Father is what?! Sarah...if words of this gets out...."

"It won't, your going to be okay Bash. I think you need a ride, a day from being at Court."

"What are you suggesting Sarah?" I stand between his legs and rest my hands on his shoulders.

"I'm saying why don't we do something together? Maybe go visit the Village, maybe go riding without the guards, maybe go find Francis." I mumble the last part and hugged him.

"I know, I miss him too. He would've been a better King."

"I would've been the cause of your death. I would've been unhappy. I would've been heartbroken. I would've been broken."

"And I would've been forced to watch your consummation and maybe left to Spain. Where I write you letters everyday, waiting for the days that Father is dead, Francis is dead, perhaps I'd be dead."

"Bash....stop. I beg of you stop please."

"You love him don't you? You love Francis."

"Bash, I love you and you only. I love you so much."

"Answer me, answer my question! You loved him! I know you did."

"Yes I did but Bash, I love you more than I love him. I told Kenna, Lola, and Mary about how I would not let myself love Francis the way I loved you."

"I told you, specifically, told you to forget about me in the letter!"

"Bash, are you crazy?! I wouldn't be able to forgot you as long as I live. Bash I am in love with you. You have my heart Bash, only you."

"You promise?"

"I swear it, from the sunset to the sundown that I am yours and you are mine."

"You mustn't keep a vow like that."

"For you, I'd do anything Bash."

I sit beside him and lay my head on his chest. He picked me up and lays me on my bed, I cover myself with the sheets.