Chapter 25-Surprises & The Heart

Sarah's POV

I lay on the bed in the chamber. Could it be possible that Bash is alive?

"Sarah, are you alright? Are you ill?"

"No Francis I'm fine."

"You haven't been yourself much lately."

"Francis there's nothing to worry about. I'm still your wife and not even a dead soul could change that."

"Sarah what are you talking about? Your not making any sense. 'Not even a dead soul could change that'"

"Francis please...I don't feel like talking about this. I'm just waiting for our coronation which is today."

"I completely forgot about it, it's today isn't it?"

"Yes Francis."

"God I've been busy getting some harvest for winter." Lie.

"Yes Francis I understand. A King must help his country."

"Yes. We mustn't let it starve to death or I'd be ruling a graveyard." Funny you should say that.

"I can help with the harvest if you want." I suggested. But Francis shakes his head and smiles at me.

"No it's fine. Your not well, you should rest."

"Francis....if something was wrong you'd tell me right? You wouldn't go making rash decision without me. We are soon to be King and Queen of France, we should be able to trust each other."

"Nothing's wrong my love." I smile weakly and watched as Francis gathers his stuff, notice that he took his sword with him as well. Strange. Usually leaves his sword in our chamber but I suppose a King must always guard himself.

I sit in the garden with Kenna as Aurora and Daniel are playing with each other.

"Don't run too far and be careful of the thorns on the roses please!" Kenna laughs and smiles.

"So, how are you handling all this? I mean to suspect that Bash is alive that's like wow."

"Francis still doesn't have a clue that I know, but I feel somethings wrong. I feel like he's going to do something behind my back."

"He wouldn't do it without asking you." 

"He's Francis Kenna, the most stubborn next King of France there will be."

"I don't think we should mention to the children that their Father is alive, not until to be sure."

"Bash is alive Kenna, I can feel it in my bones. And then I have this little one." I place a hand on my slightly visible stomach.

"Have you told Francis yet? About the baby?" I shake my head and sigh.

"Everything's been so heretic I didn't get a chance to tell him."

"Sarah tell him or I will."

"After the coronation I will, I promise."

"Alright if you say so. Shouldn't we get ready?"

"Yes we should. It's almost time isn't it."

"Yes," Kenna looks at the children and smiles,"Darlings, come on now, we need to get ready for the coronation." The children come towards us and they take our hands as we head back inside the castle to get ready for the coronation.
************
We get dressed and Kenna helps me fit into my dress. Because of the baby I've gained a bit weight and the baby bump is slightly showing so it appears that I cannot fit into the dress.