Chapter 17-Unexpected Surprises

{His sympathy picture for later into the chapter}

Sarah's POV

I wake up next to Bash and smile. Seeing him sleeping peaceful, his hair sticking all over the place.

"Morning Queen." I gasp and he pulls me on top of him. I lean down and kiss him.

"Morning my King."

Laying on top of him, cuddling for a few silent moment.

"It's weird to hear it. King."

"Hm, you'll get used to it. Me and Mary have been called Queens since we were a week old."

"That's because your born into it, but not me." I make circles on his chest as we talk.

"Hm but still you'll get used to it."

"I suppose your right."

"I suppose I am. Besides you have a Queen next to you. Your Queen." A knock was interrupted and I sit on my side of the bed as Catherine comes in.

"Morning my dears! Oh, have I interrupted something?"

"No Catherine. What is it that you must urgently come into our chambers at this time?" She claps her hand and a servant comes in with breakfast on a tray seated in front of me.

"Now that your pregnant, you don't need to get up to eat breakfast in the Throne Room. Perhaps on some days but mostly in your bed since your pregnant."

"Mother she's pregnant not paralyzed. Is this all really necessary at all?"

"Hm, take it from someone who gave birth to seven kids so I would know. What? I can't look out for my daughter in law?"

"No you can Catherine and we thank you. For your concern for me and the baby."

She nods her head and leaves. Me and Bash just cuddle more into bed until Catherine came in once again.

"Mother, for God sake!"

"Ah. Skin tonics from Cairo. And food to help aid in the baby's development. And... sage to ward off restless spirits. There are many in the castle after the plague. Pregnant women are particularly vulnerable." I turned to Bash and smile.

"Tell me again how happy you are."

"I don't think I have ever been this..." He groans and Catherine explains more. Lord you can't even get this women out once you have a  exposed secret, not that my pregnancy was a secret. I was indeed showing by now and I'm sure half the court knew of this little prince or princess.

"This child strengthens Sarah's position as an heir-producing Catholic, which, in turn, strengthens her claim, France's claim, to the throne. English throne. As long as that Protestant Elizabeth remains barren and unmarried, you are a better option."

"Catherine, we truly appreciate this but you've know for some past few months."

"You look soon enough to be into labor with all those intercourses."

"Mother! Please, why don't you go and we will see it about, yes?"

"As you wish my King, but if I hear one more word of intercourse I will make sure you will have separate chambers."

She takes her leave and I sigh. Bash cuddles with me until his duty as a King. Apparently there's a christening today in Church for a child just not for the Royal Court.

"Must you go? I'll miss you, you don't have to leave."

"I must, the christening is tomorrow. We must have a party in this castle."