Chapter 11- Wedding

Sarah's POV

Me and Bash enter into the throne room, where Catherine had just been practicing her execution. Servants and other personnel still shuffle about the room.

"What a show..."

"She's going out in style."

Catherine moves some vases from one of the table, until she sees the King enter the room.

"Must I do everything? Shall I catch my head in my own hands, too?" Me and Bash try to refrain from laughing at her own sense of humor.

She walks towards the King.

"When can we talk about my tomb?"

"A Florentine sculptor? 20 tons of marble? I can't afford it."

This angers Catherine. She storms off, across the room. Bash puts out a hand in front of me and shakes his head. Suggesting I don't meddle in the middle of this moment between the King and Queen. Thank you Bash thank you a lot.

"After the 100 musicians... the dozen ships made of silver and gold...." Catherine cuts off King Henry.

"Symbolic of my journey to Heaven," Catherine picks up a rose and smells it," I'm not asking for a fleet."

"You're not headed for Heaven either. You're dragging this out."

"You have to wait for final word on Bash's legitimization anyway. Why kill me if the line of succession reverts to my sons?"

"You're a treasonous adulterer."

"Then I'll continue with the seating chart."

Catherine spots me and Bash. She shows me a seating chart and smiles.

"Sarah, the feast will be held there. Choose your place of honor." King Henry no matter how important, still talks to the Queen as if we weren't here.

"You are going to die. What they write about your execution won't matter."

" It will to my children. 50 musicians and I'll reduce the gold inlay on my tomb!"

Suddenly trumpet sounds starts to play.

"What is that?"

"A royal visitor."

From across the courtyard, a woman wearing a beautiful black gown with a long veil enters the throne room. As she enters, she is greeted by all the royals in the castle, who nod respectfully.

"French court has gone to hell," she looks at me and Mary," But I'm here now, darlings."

"Mother." We both said in unions.
********
Me, Mary, and Mother all went to my chamber to have a private conversation.

"So I sent you here to wed a king and find you engaged to a bastard. My darling, your engagement to Francis was a careful negotiation set in place when you were six. And now, you tell me that you threw it all away because of a prophecy."

"One I believe, Mother. I did this and Bash went along with it to save Bash's life."

"From a fate a magician predicted."

"Mother, it's all very complicated. And we haven't been together in so long."

"I came to the convent for the both of your 11th birthday. Half the ship's crew died along the way, but I was there... Gift in hand."

"I only meant to say that I've missed you. And I wanted to talk to you about this, about Francis, about Bash, a-a-about everything. Please, don't make light of Nostradamus's warning... or my choice."