Chapter 21-The Unexpected

Sarah's POV

{7 Months Later}

I woke up to see Bash wasn't next to me. Putting on my clothes and I walked to where he possibly could be.

"Not again."

"Yes, again. And again. And again and again and again," He comes over and kisses me, we smile underneath the kiss and pull apart from the kiss,"Shall we go back to bed?"

"Bash, we have more important things to do than make love or build boats."

""We"? You've been no help with the boat at all."

"England is still a threat. The nobles are still uneasy shaken after the coup."

"It failed."

"The privy council has called for a meeting this afternoon."

"Well, you'd better start standing or we'll never make it." Walking towards him.

"Bash, we are King and Queen. We have important matters to attend to."

"This.....this is important. And this," He gives me another kiss and I smile. Couldn't help it, for the affections he has on me,"Nothing is more important." We kiss again, afterwards we have a table set by the boat and take our lunch out in the garden.

"Your Majesty."

"Narcisse."

"I have some disturbing news from a general aiding those loyal to Queen Sarah in Scotland."

"Your ear always to the ground. I have learned to be grateful for your spies, as you have aided us in the past. Go on."

"Some of your Highland lords have been turned. We have neither their armies nor their territories allowing safe passage to assist those besieged. Adding time and expense to an already costly effort. The conflict rages on. And it will soon turn against us."

"Yes."

"Unless significant funds can be raised, men deployed, new lords bribed, then I predict that Scotland will be lost." I looked at Bash with pleading eyes but he sighs.

"Sarah, our military resources are already near breaking point."

"There has to be a way. We're not the first to turn to such resources."

We entered the Throne Room and we waited for the people that we have called upon to help us, that until we heard the sounds of tigers, the whole Throne Room gasps.

"To be clear, we're talking about...a pirate."

"Dear Lord."

"The privateer Martin de Lambert is here."

"How is it that such a splendid court lacks a menagerie? The rhinos and zebras I can keep in a stable, but what of my tiger?"

"What about your ship?"

"Her cage is being repaired... she broke free. We caught her, but she tore apart two of the cabins. I brought her as a gift for you."

"One we sadly cannot accept......about our offer..."

"To steal gold for you. I have requirements."

"Go on."

"50% of the profits, a small castle I'm rather fond of in Cologne..."

"You said as much in your letter."

"And your blessings on a marriage. It's time for me to take a wife."