Chapter 20-Winter

Sarah's POV
{4 Months Later, Winter Time ❄️}

I was back on my feet next to Bash in the Throne Room, after the delivery of the boys in our town, such a horrid thing to happen.

"What's wrong?"

"Those poor boys must be terrified trapped by violent men, not knowing if they're going to die. You can't even imagine, Bash."

"We will save them. And you are safe.....here with me."

We shared a moment, looking into each other's eyes. Over the past few months we've regained our trust and slowly started to build up our relationship between each other only stronger than before.

"Welcome back home Prince Francis." Francis? What's he doing here?

"I'm sorry Bash, I was planning to tell you. I invited him to come over for the Winter Fest Ball."

"Well, we shall take some pleasure into this hm? I'll go check up on Daniel."

"Bash...."

He left leaving me feeling guilty and sad. Francis comes in front of me and smiles, taking my hand, kissing it out of respect.

"My Queen."

"Francis, and what do I owe the pleasure? And where's my sister Mary, I thought my request was clear. That you two would be here."

"Unfortunately, your sister couldn't travel, some illness and some problems are occurring in Scotland for she had to stay."

"By all means tell me please."

"I'm afraid it'll only worry you more, and the Ball is soon to be at sunset, I don't want you to fear even more."

"Francis if you don't tell me, you and Mary will be ruling a burned country into the ground. As your Queen I'm demanding you to tell me."

"There are rebels trying to take over Scotland. A few thousands of them, but we need armies, more troops of men to keep the rebel out. Mary sent me mostly because she was wondering if Bash would agree to lend two thousands men to Scotland to help take these rebels out of our home, your home."

"I'll ask him for sure. And I'm sorry that Mary couldn't come. I was looking forwards to seeing her after Daniel's christening. It's been months."

"I envy your bond with your sister." I stood up straight, shocked to hear Francis say such a thing.

"Why? You and Bash have the most tolerant bond I've seen, especially afterwards when you found out that he's not a bastard and rather your whole brother."

"That was before he took my life, my crown, and you."

"Francis we've been over this. Bash is not a bastard, he's illegitimate, he has been all along. As for me, I made my choice to pick Bash and not you. Your married to my sister, and your my brother by law. What happened a few months ago mustn't happen again."

I left him standing in the Throne Room. Walking out with my breathing shuddering and trying to clear my head. Some things are not like any other. Some things are what Queens would fear.

"Whoa, Sarah, careful. I've just got back from checking on Daniel. Is anything the matter?"

"Uh no, just some words from Scotland. Just need troops but I'll find them else where."

"Troops? You mean the men I just sent to help your country?"

"You knew?"

"Me and Mary have been in touch since the christening so yes I knew. Don't worry love, Scotland will be alright God willing."