The new boy

School started up again. Alex was 5, the twins were 15. I had David two weeks earlier.

Kennadee seemed a lot happier. Haden suspected a boy was in the picture, I disregarded that comment. I sat down Kennadee and asked her what had her so happy. She blushed.

"Derrick" she mumbled.

Haden was right. It was a boy. "When did u meet him?" I asked sounding I interested. "He's in a few of my classes. He's new here and we flirt a lot and I kind of have a thing for him" I got excited for her, "do u have his number?" I asked. She nodded. She said she was going to text him tonight but she got nervous an bailed. Her scars have faded and she was extremely pretty. I was afraid scars would turn Derrick off at first but hers faded. I gave her a little speech to boost her confidence and sent her off to her room to text him.

Haden walked into our room and got in bed to cuddle with me. We watched tv as David laid between us. We talked about Derrick, hoping he fell for her too.

They kept flirting and I noticed Kennadee started to dress nicer, wearing skirts and jewelry. Her hair was always perfect.

Around October, she announced that her and Derrick started dating.

Jessica became jealous. Her and Cody were still dating but Haden and I made it awkward. The family met Derrick. He's had short brown hair and brown eyes. Only a few inches talker than Kennadee, who was 5'4. He was extremely polite. I've never seen a 15 year old, hormone crazed boy, so polite.

Derrick came over often within the past 7 months.

My family was growing up so fast. I'm glad I didn't miss this.

Years pasted, it was the twins senior year. Kennadee was still with Derrick, Jessica and Cody had broken up but they're back together.

I saw my babies graduate. Haden squeezed my hand as they got handed their diploma. I cried. He cried. Alex was just about to enter middle school. David was still in his early years of elementary school.