Chapter 17

When he walks down the stairs, I hardly recognize him. The bullet proof vest on his chest would be beneficial if it wasn't a silvery metallic color, and the clash of his electric blue top and camouflage pants made me want to burst out laughing. "Do you want to be seen or not?" I tease. "I wanna make their heads turn baby." He smiles. "What did I say about that word Erik, god damn." "I know you don't like it just because it makes me harder to resist." An annoyed sigh falls from my mouth as he adjusts the weapons on the sides of his pants. "The helicopter is gonna pick us up at-" before he can speak I find myself interrupting him. "Whoa...helicopter? What are you, rich? How are you paying for a-" "relax, I got it through...uhm, let's say a friend. They'll be picking us up at 10:00, it will take hours to get there." He keeps talking but it becomes a blur when I see the clock reads 9:48. "Shit, I gotta get dressed." Before I have the opportunity to run upstairs he grabs my hand lightly. "Keira, people aren't going to like that I'm challenging their king, I don't want anything to happen to you, so I left you some...things in the room that I want you to have." He doesn't have to tell me what it is for me to know. I nod, and he lets go of my hand. The bathroom door swings open and I see he's left me a similar outfit. The pants are camouflage and the vest is bullet proof like his, but my undershirt is a dark red maroon color. I throw my hair into a high ponytail, and comb my eyebrows back a bit. I don't really feel like messing with makeup at the time, there isn't much in the house, and the little that I left is definitely expired. I use a little bit of old concealer to hide half of a bruise on my face, but I feel like it looks kinda cool. Like battle scars. I rush back downstairs, trying not to fall with all this new weight I'm carrying. The guns strapped to my waist make me nervous but I play it cool. "Yooo why do you look so good like that K!" Erik walks over to me, looking at my body, head to toe. "Your trippin, I look like I just walked out of some weird video game, plus I put on at least 20 pounds." "Nahhh babe you look hella fine" Erik hums, licking his lips. "That's enough, stop drooling" I say striding toward the door. I hadn't even noticed he was watching me till I turned around to see him standing with his weight shifted to one leg, his hand stroking his chin. I walk back over with a smile, and get close to him. So close I can hear his heart beat in his ears. He's trying to stay still but it's not working. I move my lips right next to his ear. "Stop staring at my ass you idiot." I smack the back of his head the way a mom would if her son wasn't paying attention to her. I pull away and his facial expression is wild. "I'm surprised...yet slightly intrigued" he smirks. "Shut up." I shove him forward toward the door so he's walking in front of me, only because I didn't want him to see me blushing.