Chapter 42

Luckily a helicarrier picked us up just outside of town where people wouldn't see so we didn't have to walk. When it opens the moat-like door, I see that it's taken us to the top of the building where Erik waits, his arms crossed in an x. "Thank you for protecting my queen, you are dismissed" he nods to her. She returns the respectful gesture and shows herself out through the guest stairway. "Hey baby!" Erik smiles, pulling me into a tight hug. "Did you miss me" I ask. "Of course I did! Now, before anything else, I had you brought here for a reason." The glint of light in his eyes and the shine of his smile bewitched me. He was like an excited little kid. His hands reached over my eyes, covering them and turning me around without taking them off. "So, when I was little, my dad always made sure I knew I was different. He always wanted to take me here...he never could. Anyways, one thing he always told me was that the sunsets in Wakanda are the most astonishing in the entire world. I really didn't understand how amazing they would be till I came here. The first time I came was after my third year in the military. We weren't overseas and they gave us a couple days off base so I decided I would come and visit. It was difficult to arrange but I made it happen. Soon I got in touch with my grandmother, and started staying with her. The first night she took me out to see the sunset."