Chapter 23

A while later, when we stepped out back to look at our work, N'jada cried, pulling me into a hug. "You're just wonderful. I'm sorry to be so emotional, I'm usually never like this but, I'm so happy my grandson has found someone worthy of his worship. You live up to every detail he has ever described you with. You know he's been through rough times because you were with him through it, and I think it's great that he loves a woman as pure and as gracious as you." Hearing her describe me was so far off from the way I saw myself. "Thank you N'jada. My love for him is more real than anything I've ever felt before...but don't tell him. I enjoy making him work for it." I smirk, pressing my finger to my lips. "You're secret is safe with me" she replies with a grin, pretending to lock her lips and throw away the key. "Come girl. I want to show you something." Great mother grabs my hand leading me to one of the rooms in the back of the hut. This one seemed like more of closet she pushes the sliding door open, revealing a line a of beautiful expensive looking dresses. "Pick" she smiles. "Oh, N'Jada, I couldn't take one of these away from you!" "Oh please. Where would I wear this too?" It would be the greatest honor in the world if you would wear one for me." I look down at the outfit Erik chose to keep me safe, but I want to make her smile. "I guess trying on just one wouldn't hurt..." I trail off. Her face lights up again and she watches as I pull out a vibrant red dress. It's long, a layer of lace and flowers covers the bottom, the sleeves a beautiful sheet material.

The minute I pull it from the closet, she shoved me into the little room next to the closet

The minute I pull it from the closet, she shoved me into the little room next to the closet. There's a big mirror on the wall, no, it takes me s couple seconds to realize the mirror is the wall, nevertheless I take off all of my gear slowly, making sure I don't set anything off. I pulled the strap over my shoulders and look at my shape in the mirror. Red has always been a favorite color of mine, and the dress was absolutely beautiful. I open the door shyly, looking down at the dirt floor. That makes me look up with questions. "It's absolutely astonishing on you Keira. Your a vision of beauty" N'jada says, her hand falling over her mouth. "The dress is amazing, how did you ever afford it?" "I think you forget my son, N'jadaka's father, N'jobu was a Prince? Believe me, I have my fair share of godly clothing" she laughs. "Now here, try these."