Chapter 20

I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until I woke up in Erik's lap, his large brown eyes staring down at me. "Time to wake up beautiful." Groggily, I open my eyes and move off of him, scooting to the window. The feeling of happiness is so overwhelming that I felt as if I was going to fall out the window. I guess I had been out for a while because when I looked out the window, we were flying fast over what seemed like a lush jungle. All of a sudden we started heading for the trees. "What the hell are you doing we're gonna crash!" I shout as the helicopter takes a nose dive. I brace for impact in a matter of seconds but nothing happens. I keep my eyes closed, afraid that if I open them I'll see our end. I peek and see that we've flown into what seems like another world. Beautiful buildings and skyscrapers made of a shiner metal burst from all areas of the ground. Hovering trains and flying aircrafts whizz past us and I'm speechless. Erik watches me as I scan around, observing everything, my jaw hanging open. "This is..." "our new home?" Erik suggests, not allowing me to finish. "I was going to say amazing...but, who knows." All of the things just outside this helicopter are so beautiful, I almost cry right then and there but I don't. "This was our home before we even knew what it was, hey look over there! That's our place!" Erik points to the brightest building in the entire city, complete with guards and protection against outsiders. "Keira can we y'all for a bit before we land?" I nod, still looking our the window. "In order to become king, I have to kill him before he kills me-" my head whips around, my heart filling with concern. I cant loose him again. "But don't worry I will. In the meantime, I need to get you somewhere safe, somewhere secure so I can bring you back to the castle when it's all over. I'm going to leave you with my most trusted friend here. Her name is N'jada. Don't worry though, she will love you." As the copter takes another dive, I wonder why it hasn't gotten shot down yet. I don't want to know.