Chapter 24

We must have spent hours trying on dresses. It just so happened that she used to be my size, and almost every one she had me try one fit amazingly. With each minute that passed, I worried more and more about Erik, hoping everything was ok. It had to have been past 1:00 am when I got to my last dress. It was a glittery red, tight fitting, gown that trailed out at the bottom.

I admired myself in the mirror feeling quite beautiful as I pulled my hair out of my ponytail, smoothening it out, the loose waves falling past my elbows

I admired myself in the mirror feeling quite beautiful as I pulled my hair out of my ponytail, smoothening it out, the loose waves falling past my elbows.The sound of a door opening makes my head snap toward the rooms door almost instantly. I peek outside and watch as Erik dances into the hut. Two guards stand by the door, blocking it with some scary staff looking things. I watch, holding back laughs as he saunters in, his walk gaining a new swag. He's wearing a giant furry coat without a shirt under it and a pair of what looks like athletic shorts. "Guess who's the king of Wakanda?" He laughs, running to give N'jada a hug. I close the door quickly, hoping he hasn't seen me. "Oh my boy, I'm so proud of you. How are you, are you hurt?" She asks, her hands searching his body. "Hey hey hey, I'm fine grams. If you don't mind me asking, where's my queen?" He asks. I feel myself blush again and I assume she points him over to my room because his questions is followed by a knock on the door. I pretend to think it's Great mother and say "one second N'jada!" I smooth out my hair again, pulling it in front of my face. I quickly pick a way to pose in the doorway and take a deep breath. Pushing the door open, immediately my face becomes hot as Erik's mouth falls open.