Chapter Three

It was still early in the day when Karma arrived, so we went to the city. We were talking about our childhoods and shared a few laughs and stumbled on the topic of mothers. I was telling him how my mother, queen Aguri, was a brave, courageous, beautiful woman. I felt something trickle down my cheek and on to the ground. Karma must've noticed too because we stopped walking.

"You must really miss her, don't you."

His words caught me off guard.

"Very."

After Karma listened to me cry, we started talking again. We got so lost in each other's conversations that we didn't realize the sun went down. A gang of thugs took the chance and sprung into action.

"Oi boss, look what we have here."

The first gangster said while stepping closer.

"I see, and she looks nice."

I backed up slowly until I felt someone holding me and smelled my hair.

"She does look nice and she smells go--"

Before he could finish his sentence, he was sent back flying.

"Want to let her go, or do I have to teach you a lesson", said the red-haired demon.

I looked at Karma and his eyes held nothing but anger and discord.

"Who do you think you are?"

I turned around and saw a buff looking man with black eyes.

"I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you", Karma said with a smile.

I noticed that at least 20 other members came out the shadows.

"Shoot! We're surrounded", said Nagisa. I quietly said to karma while back to back with him.

"Well let's take them down then," Karma said while smirking. I was amazed at how calm he looked but soon agreed.

"Alright, let's do this."

Karma said while we were getting into fighting position.

"You take the guys on the left and I will take the right", Karma said with anger in his voice.

"What if we get separated", I said with worry in my small voice.

"If you make it, run to the castle and don't look back", Karma said with a hint of care in his voice.

"I'm not leaving you", I said.

"well, then we'll fight. Don't hold back on me", Karma said while winking at me. I felt my face heat up and quickly turned away so he couldn't see.

"F-fine baka", I said while crossing my arms and flushed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb 24,2018