Chapter Six

Karma POV

'What was that thing and why does it keep coming back, and why does it possess Nagisa.'

"Nrgh...."

"Nagisa your up!" I said happier than usual.

"Huh, oh hey Karma how's my dad.... Wait, my dad!" Nagisa said and ran out the room.

"Nagisa wait!" I yelled and ran after her.

Nagisa POV

There I saw it, the only man that really cared for me, dead.

"DADDY COME BACK PLEASE!" I screamed unable to keep the tears from falling

"Nagisa please come with me so that we can get your father cleaned up for his memorial." One of the maids said while she tried to pry me off of his corpse.

"No! why didn't you save him, he was a good ruler why did you let him die."

"There was nothing we could do to save him ,I'm sorry." Karma tried to talk some sense into me and it worked, surprisingly. After I let go of the corpse I clung to Karma sobbing my eyes out.

"Lets go out, I mean for a walk to get your mind off of things." Karma said to me while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ok.... Let me get ready." I said then ran upstairs to get dressed. I came down stairs in a basic outfit that had a choker with a pink bow attached to a black top with a red skirt, black thigh highs, and black boots. 

"You look good, lets go

"You look good, lets go." Karma said after telling a guard where we're going.

"Thanks." I said with no expression in my eyes or voice.

As we were walking we were surrounded by awkward silence until a little girl with blond hair and green eyes bumped into us.

"Lily come back here you little devil!" A woman with blond hair and blue eyes yelled at the girl while running towards us.

"Sorry about my daughter she's a wonderer." The woman said with a smile.

"Shut up at least I'm not a pest like you!" The little girl shot at her mother.

"Why you little..... I'm sorry let me introduce myself I'm Rio Nakamura, but you can call me Nakamura.

"Nanana boo boo you can't catch me!" Lily said to Nakamura while sticking her tongue out.

"It's fine, she's cute no need to worry." I said with a fake smile plastered on my face. She said thank you then chased her daughter.

"That was cute don't you think." Karma said trying to light the mood.

"Yeah it was." I said with tears in my eyes. Karma then came close to me and did the unexpected, he hugged me.

"It's going to be ok. Lets go home it's getting late." Karma said while still hugging me, at that point I was already full out crying. Karma and I then headed to the castle after I calmed down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, do you want to talk about it." Karma said with awkwardness in his voice.

"Talk about what the fact that my father died or the fact that it was my fault!" I semi-yelled at him.

"Nagisa it wasn't your fault, it was that bastered Asu--."

"You will not speak that monsters name in front of me ever again." I said raising my voice.

"Sorry, I forgot." Karma said while rubbing his neck.

"No, I'm sorry I didn't mean to raise my voice. I can't talk right now I'm still comprehending what happened. I said in a apologetic tone.

"I understand, I have one last question before I go though." Karma said with a serious voice.

"What is it?"

"Where's your step-mother?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mar 3, 2018