09. Such a Flake!

CHAPTER NINEsuch a flake !

CHAPTER NINE
such a flake !

— 🥀 —

It wasn't that Finn hated Biology class, it was just that he really didn't like it. A very strong dislike, really. And the thought of spending more time in the classroom made him actually want to die, so when his teacher called him back after class, thoughts crossed through his mind about the easiest way to do so. Still, he just gave a sigh and turned around, smiling at his teacher.

"Yes?" he asked when he got to the desk where his teacher sat, smiling at him.

"I wanted to talk to you about your grade," and Finn's heart dropped, "It's gotten so much better recently, here, look." And he did, seeing a B on his last test, causing him to give a huge, proud grin.

"Yeah, uh, I'm been spending more time on my work recently," Finn said, clutching at his backpack awkwardly as he avoided telling his teacher about Peter. His tutor, just his tutor. Nothing else.

His teacher smiled, "Well, that's what I like to hear. I'm proud of you, Finn."

He gave a nod, not knowing how to respond. Praise was always an awkward thing to him. It wasn't like he didn't receive it that often, his mother loved to parade his good works and every now and again his father would clasp him on the shoulder and give a small nod of approval. That was the most awkward. And then there was Davina, who practically planned parties for him.

Finn left the classroom after that, sensing the conversation was over, to be cornered by Tessa. "Hey," he said, shocked, seeing as Tessa tented to avoid him during school.

"Hi," she greeted with a smile, "What did he want?" referring to their Biology teacher.

"Ah, nothing. Just wanted to talk to me about my grades a bit," Finn shrugged it off, the two of them moving, many people leaving the building since school had finished for the day.

Tessa nodded, "Wait, you failing fucking Biology, Patterson? That's pitiful."

He forced a laugh, knowing that she wasn't trying to be insensitive about it, just joking. That wasn't even her sense of humor, just something she picked up from Caden. Finn could vaguely remember what she was like before they officially got together, probably would've remembered if he wasn't high all the time or he actually cared to pay attention to her. Honestly, Finn thought Caden would get of her soon enough, but then he didn't. He stuck with her, well, continued to date her.

"Nah, just starting getting better in there recently," Finn answered.

"You? Actually spending time on your homework? That's nice," Tessa commented, eyes wide with surprise.