11. Anything is Possible

CHAPTER ELEVENanything is possible !

CHAPTER ELEVEN
anything is possible !

— 🥀 —

          Today was the day. In a total 'holy shit' moment when he woke up, Finn realized that it was the day and suddenly, he was regretting his decision. On paper, everything sounded wonderful and dandy, but put into action Finn didn't know if he was going to survive. It didn't sound that bad, spending a day at Midtown just touring and sitting in classes, pretending that he was actually interested in attending, but being there also meant being around Toni and seeing her life.

         And his relationship with Toni was getting better. For some reason, the realization that Finn's 'friend' was fucking his cousin while he had a girlfriend and telling said cousin brought them closer. Close enough for her to tell him about this guy problem he has and for her to surprisingly be alright with him shadowing. Finn remembered the call, hearing her say, "As long as you keep your mouth shut about our childhood I won't murder you," which was better than he expected.

         He brushed his hair, ruffling it slightly after to give off a 'I don't care' look, and wore jeans and a hoodie. He expected to be the only one like that, students there actually giving a care about everything, at least how they looked anyways, so he geared himself for stares. They were going to look regardless of how he looked since it would be so obvious that he's 'new.'

         Finn casted a look at his backpack with unfinished homework and smiled. He then opened his door and went downstairs to find his mom in the kitchen making breakfast, dad nowhere to be found.

         "Hey," Finn greeted with a smile, sitting down at the counter as his mom turned around to look and smile back at him.

         "Hey, honey, I'm making eggs and toast this morning. That alright?" Lucy asked.

         Finn nodded even though Lucy had already turned around, "Yeah. Can you add cheese to my eggs?"

         "Sure thing," Lucy nodded, "You have a shift tonight?"

         "Yeah," Finn answered, getting up to pour himself a glass of milk. His mother refused to let him have soda during breakfast, "But it's this afternoon. I get off at eight so I'll be heading back here."

         Lucy hummed. "You excited to shadow today?" he could hear the excitement in her voice, practically hearing the smile too.

         Finn shrugged even though Lucy still couldn't see him. "I guess," he replied, "I mean, it'll be nice to actually see it and everything, but I'm not too psyched about missing lessons and everything."