10. Mandatory Monthly Dinner

CHAPTER TENmandatory monthly dinner !

CHAPTER TEN
mandatory monthly dinner !

— 🥀 —

         Finn sat across from Davina, his parents taking the 'king' and 'queen' position of the table. That was what Finn had dubbed it when he was younger, what he still called it. They were having steak and mushrooms for their mandatory monthly dinner where Davina came over, they sat at a table like a normal family, and there was always an awkward silence. His mom would attempt to make conversation but they all ended quickly while his dad sat, eating and silently wishing his wife would let him read the news on his face as he ate or be in the living room watching it.

         He cut his steak and looked at Davina, who made a funny face making him smile. He might be a teenager but it still made him happy as if he were a little kid.

         The silence was terrible, suffocating them and that's when Finn remembered. The last time he had seen Peter, before he went to fucking Washington D.C. on a fucking whim basically, he had brought up shadowing at Midtown. Still, he didn't really feel like actually entertaining the idea of going to the school, especially since he didn't think he even stood a chance with his record (almost ending up in juvie never looks good), but he wanted to get away. Drama was too terrible at his school anymore and Caden didn't threaten him repeatedly, mostly leaving him alone, and Tessa still never spoke to him at school if she could help it save for the small questions of hanging out once they were out and the shy smiles in the hallway, but he still hated everything.

         He was still alone. There, he was still alone because even though Caden was a dick and Tessa was just the annoying and overly clingy girlfriend Finn knew her as, he still hung out with them. He still had company as now he went as low as eating lunch in Asher's classroom with her. She always rolled her eyes and called him overdramatic but allowed him to stay.

         ("No one fucking cares if you sit alone at lunch, Finny. Stop being a fucking pussy," Asher rolled her eyes when Finn walked into her classroom again.)

         But maybe a day there, at Midtown, would go him good. He could stay with Peter and meet the famous Ned Leeds, Peter's only friend apparently, and annoy the hell out of Toni, which he always loved. So, once he finished chewing a bit, Finn opened his mouth.

         "So, I was thinking," Finn said, mostly directing his attention towards his mom since she would be more than thrilled, "about shadowing at Midtown for a day."

         As he suspected, Lucy's eyes lit up as she looked at her son, "Really?"

         Finn nodded, "I have a friend there that offered and you've been pushing me towards it, so why not have a closer look at it?"