27. How It All Ends

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENhow it all ends !

how it all ends !

— 🥀 —

         The week came and went, resulting in it being Wednesday. The boy had spent all of it locked in his room, listening to melancholy music in response to his mood. He went from explosive anger to tears streaming down his face and all the time either his mother or sister comforted him. His cousin, Toni, came around to tell him that she would be attending his trial before he turned her down.

         He didn't want everyone there, he didn't want anyone there really. Caden would be there, he knew that. Caden Hayes would be sitting on the other side waiting for him to be sent away and he knew that. He also knew that his family would try and fight the boy and that...that wasn't acceptable. Davina wouldn't hit him, but she would spout every curse to him and tell him how much of a piece of shit he was but Caden would care. His father would want to strike him so badly but would stop himself, he always had such good self-control. And his mother would look at him and wonder how anyone could do such a thing to someone innocent.

         But Toni...Toni would hit him. She would punch him square in the face again and again and then be charged with assault which was exactly why he would never allow her in that courtroom to attend his trial. But Asher was a mystery still. She'd want to, so much, but wouldn't in risk of her job seeing as she would be attacking one of her students. That didn't mean she wouldn't really, she had always been such a wild card.

         In front of his mirror, he tied his tie as he was taught by his father as a child. He had to look his best if there would ever be a chance for him, so his hair was brushed and styled nicely and he wore a suit – not the same one he wore to Homecoming, thankfully. And he looked in the mirror and saw himself at his best, or the best looking for a trial.

         There was a knock at the door and then it opened. Davina came in to look at him and he could see that she had been crying recently. "Hey," she smiled, "Almost ready?"

         He nodded and picked up his phone. "Keep this for me, while I'm gone," he handed it to her. If he didn't, they'd keep it during his whole time at juvie and he didn't want that. At least it'd be safer with his sister.

         Davina shook her head, "I can't. Finn, you'll be fine. Everything will be fine, keep your phone."

         "But what if isn't, V? What if everything isn't all sunshine and rainbows and I'm put away? Keep my phone, at least until they reach a verdict, okay?" he asked, "For me?"

         Davina looked at him with such sorrow in her eyes. She looked older than usual, aged. Her face was red, eyes even worse, and she looked so much older than her actual age and it wasn't good. He didn't like seeing his sister like this. She sighed and looked down, taking the phone, "Okay. For you."