15. The Idea of a Dance

CHAPTER FIFTEENthe idea of a dance !

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
the idea of a dance !

— 🥀 —

When Peter asked if he wanted to hang out at his place, Finn didn't say no. Why would he? His crush just asked him back to his place and that was very exciting because it had to mean something. Of course, it could just mean that Peter thought of him as a friend and wanted to watch Harry Potter films with him, or it could mean that he's home alone and they'd be in his bedroom doing less than appropriate things. So, Finn was excited, hopefully for the second reason.

While he'd be fine just watching movies with Peter and wasting away the day, chilling and not caring, he also would be a little let down and disappointed. But he wouldn't get butt hurt and leave and end the beautiful friendship he had with Peter, of course he wouldn't. He still wanted to keep that, just wanted to add a bit kissing and handholding in the mix. That would be a very nice addition to their relationship.

But it wouldn't happen. Peter liked some other guy who probably went to school and was blond – they were always blond in his mind – and they had perfect grades and teeth and clean record. Probably never even smoked a joint in his life. He was probably very handsome, handsome enough that Finn would be jealous of Peter because he'd want him but also be very jealous of this guy because he got Peter and Peter chose him. He thought it as a competition, as if they were on The Bachelor and Peter had handed the blond guy the rose instead of Finn, but that's just how his mind worked. What he was picturing.

And guess what? They were probably like Troy Bolton except without all the bad shit about him because really, Troy was a terrible person. No, this guy was probably a Ryan Evans or a Sharpay in the second movie because, honestly, she was the best character out of the whole franchise and Troy was a little bitch along with Gabriella and why is he thinking about High School Musical? It's hardly the time.

It didn't matter what Rosie said; Peter didn't like him. He liked Sharpay Evans except in man form. Well, boy form because they were still in high school and underage and man form would be illegal. But whatever.

He got the text as he was leaving school and he had another late shift that night which meant he was free for the afternoon. Asher walked beside him when he smiled so brightly at the invitation, causing her to raise an eyebrow. "What's got you looking like a sunshine?"

"Peter," he answered, smile still not leaving his face, "He invited me over to his place."

"Oh," Asher smirked, "Parents home? And do you know which one of you will be taking and which one'll giving?"

Finn turned red at that and elbowed Asher harshly in the ribs causing the woman to yelp. "I'm just asking a question, Finley!" she defended herself.