14. Diner Dates

CHAPTER FOURTEENdiner dates !

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
diner dates !

— 🥀 —

Rosie Harlan, with her fake smiles and snide comments, didn't like it when people of 'higher taste' entered the diner. Sometimes, for whatever reason, those who could easily afford to eat at the most expensive places in New York found themselves at little Apple's Eye Diner and didn't take kindly to there not being a wine menu or the apparent 'low quality' of the food.

While Finn just got annoyed by them, having spent way too much time around them, Rosie came fully loaded with her passive aggressive comments that made them never leave a tip and leave bad Yelp reviews sometimes.

And it was easy to spot them when they entered. Designer purses, fine suits, often accompanied by distasteful looks around the place and wrinkling up their noses. So why would they stay? Finn never knew and just never asked even though Rosie pushed him to. And it just so happened that there happened to be a higher end couple in one of their booths.

"I fucking hate them," Rosie commented under her breath, "Look at them, Finn! I came up to ask them for their drinks and if they wanted an appetizer and they were like 'you have anything under 500 calories' and 'is it vegan'? No! Of course it's not! This is a fucking diner!"

Finn chuckled and shook his head, "I'll take them for you and give you my tips."

Rosie wrinkled up her nose and shook her head at the proposition, "I don't want their rich ass money. I'd rather get it to nice customers who don't act so fucking entitled."

"Fine, but I'm still taking the table for you. No need for yet another negative Yelp review about the rude blonde who works here," Finn said.

"By my guess, Finnegan," Rosie even used her hands to get her point across.

"Why does everyone say that? My name isn't Finnegan – it's just Finn," the boy muttered, shaking his head as he moved to the table with said rich couple and smiling, "Hi, I'm Finn and I'll be your waiter now. Are you ready to order?"

"Yes, but quick question; is your apple pie made with fresh apples?" the man asked quite seriously and Finn resisted the urge to just roll his eyes and give a sarcastic comment. That would not go over well if he tried.

Finn nodded, though, "Yes, sir. Any other questions?"

Of course, he said that like the liar he was because he had no idea if the apple pie was made with fresh apples or canned ones because he didn't spend that much time in the question and the chef never told him. All he knew was that it was delicious and this man better appreciate it.