To Go or Not To Go

"Ugh, Dean. Come. On." You groaned, making sure your voice was loud enough to reach Dean at the end of whichever twisted corridor he was.

A couple minutes passed before Sam emerged out of one of the corridors holding up his hands in defeat. "He won't give up."

"Dammit." You mumbled under your breath, "Okay, that's it then. I'm gonna go talk to him myself."

"Wait, what? Wh-wh-wh-why?" Sam just sat down but he did not get a second to even catch his breath, "I mean you don't have to go. Dean and I could go take care of this one while you can stay here. You know, hold the fort down."

Although he was still saying the words, Sam knew they were futile. He had noticed golden shimmers illuminating the (Y/E/C) of your eyes and he knew from experience that was the end of practically every argument with you ever.

"Okay." You took a deep breath in an attempt to get rid of the nerves building up inside, "Let's see what Dean has to say this time."

As he watched you walk away, Sam let out a reluctant sigh. He knew sooner or later this was bound to happen. How long was he expecting to keep a grown woman from doing something just because he didn't want her to?

"Open the door, Dean. I just want to talk." You had to bang your entire palm against the door when the customary gentle rap of the knuckles proved to be inadequate.

When he persisted, you decided to do it the hard way. From the inside, Dean saw golden swirls engulf the door and before he could get a hold of himself you had walked through it, now within the threshold of his room. He could have sworn to seeing a slight glimpse of your wings behind your back before they disappeared entirely.

"Alright." You said with pure determination in your eyes. "Let's talk."

-

You had known Dean for about two years now. It was evident that he had the welfare of his loved ones in mind behind everything that he did. But right now, his altruism was testing the very last bit of patience your soul came with.

"Okay, okay, alright. Just listen to me, Dean. Alright." You powered through, "I know that you love me and that you care about me and everything that goes along those lines, but this is not a life and death scenario we're talking about. This is going to New York! Besides, I've always felt a connection to the place, you know, like I'm supposed to be there."

Dean felt his fingertips suddenly go cold at your words but he didn't speak. Nor did he look at you.

"Besides what's the worst that could happen? It's one hunt. And you and Sam are going to be with me the whole time." You tried hard to steal a look at his face but his head was hanging so low, it might as well have absorbed into his chest.

"I've had enough. This is ridiculous, Dean!" Your loud pitch was what made him look up at length.

"Maira.." Dean started.

"No. No, no. You had your chance to speak and you did not. It's my turn again, pie boy." You cut him off. Your mind and body were spent, as evidenced by the gold entirely lighting up your eyes, some of which, you were certain, was swirling around your fingers.

"You know, you don't want me to do something, it can be fine. I can live with that. But you won't even tell me the reason?" You heard Sam knocking on the door behind you.

You knew he must be concerned but you didn't care. You were seeing red. "I'm almost thirty five, Dean! You can't just expect me to not do something without telling me why because it's for the greater good. You're not my father. You're not even related to me for crying out loud!"

The weight of what you had just said dawned upon you when you finally saw Dean's face. His eyes were trained on you as if they were to see right through your soul and his lip trembled in trepidation you couldn't even begin to fathom.

But is was too late. The damage was done. "I'm going for the hunt, whether or not you come along." You announced before opening the door, catching a very off guard Sam and dragging him with you.