'(Y/N)?'

Standing outside the exorbitantly tall building which had windows for days, you stared at it in awe. "So this is where Malik stays, huh? Fancy."

"Did you call ahead and let him know we're coming?" You turned to Dean who decided to stay mum.

"What, you still won't speak to me?" You asked, slightly annoyed, "It wasn't enough that you had us stage an entire telenovela scene back in Kansas, you have to be bitter over here too?"

Dean continued to stare ahead wordlessly.

"Fine. Be like that." You said, taking a few steps away from him. "Sam, did he call ahead and let Malik know we're coming?"

"No, he didn't." Sam had barely let out half of his answer when he saw your head pivot towards Dean, mouth open, ready to splurge another bout of sarcasm.

In a moment's panic, he physically positioned himself between the two of you. "But I did. Kunal Malik knows we're coming." Sam said, placing a hand on each of your backs and barrelling you inside. "Let's go."

"I don't understand, why can't the FBI wait until morning to meet with this man?" Dean huffed, sinking further into the uncomfortable waiting room couch.

"Well, we would have been here this morning if someone had agreed to leave immediately." You said in a sickly sweet voice.

"Quit it, Maira. He's here." Sam tapped your shoulder with the back of his hand as soon as he spotted Kunal at the door. The three of you stood up.

"Sorry to disturb you at this late hour, Mr. Malik. I am Agent Wallace. They are Agent Sully and Agent Isles." Sam introduced himself and then Dean and you respectively. All of you flashed your badges on cue.

As Sam and Kunal drifted off into some monotonous conversation, you felt Dean grab your hand from behind and lightly yank on it. "I get that you're still mad at me but can we not do this right now?" You tiredly asked.

"What? No. Maira, shhh." He whispered, "You smell that?"

You took a few sharp breaths, trying to as correct in your judgement as possible. But the smell was far too characteristic to be mistaken. "Sulphur." You gasped.

"Took you long enough." Kunal's eyes were now black. He stood up, launching Sam across the room with a flick of his wrist, "Playing him was tedious. The guy doesn't even drink!"

"Sam!" Dean yelled, watching the situation decend.

"On it!" Sam replied but before he could begin the exorcism spell, the demon smoked out of the entrepreneur's mouth, rendering his body to fall limply to the ground.

Sam scrambled to his feet and ran over to Kunal's still form, trying to feel a pulse in his neck. He sighed in relief when he did.

"You wanna play? Let's play." You cracked the joints in your neck, letting the golden swivels dancing around you transform you into your true Winged form.

Now fully transformed, you flew out of the same window the demonic entity had, determined to find out where was it trying to escape. Having chased it around the diameter of the building, you saw it take the route that led to the parking lot and picked up pace.

-

"Do you hear that?"  Natasha's ears perked up.

"Relax. It's a parking lot. You hear things." Sam assured. But Natasha was certain the sound she had heard didn't fall within the purview of the ones her teammate was referring to. She herself wasn't sure what it was that she had heard. Was it...a swoosh of wings?

The team immediately ducked down on reflex as a dark smoke like entity passed over them, leaving behind a putrid smell. Barely having the time to react, they were met with another shock when they came face to face with the one chasing said entity.

Natasha knew she had heard the swoosh of wings.

It was extraordinary. Not for you, you were just suspended mid air, staring down at a bunch of weirdly dressed people; but for the Avengers it was nothing short of a miracle. They could hear their own hearts and possibly of the person standing next to them beating wildly in their ears.

Tony was the first and only one to break the stunned silence from behind his helmet in a voice so weak he wasn't even sure was his.

"(Y/N)?"