From My Heart to Yours

"Who do we have here? Abyzma?" You scoffed. Maintaining the position of power was key in these situations. "What makes you think I even want to have this talk? I can kill you right here, put an end to all of this."

"Yeah but you see, you won't. You kill me, you kill him; you hurt me, you hurt him and if you so much as try to exorcise me, I'll snap his neck before I go. Something tells me you don't want that. He thinks so." Abyzma gestured to her vessel, which, lamentably, was Tony. "And I believe him. Seems like a reliable guy."

Aside from the slight flaring of your nostrils, your face remained calm. In accordance with some twisted logic, Abyzma was right. Your brain might have failed to recognise Tony but your heart had and it forbade you from actively taking any action that would put him in harm's way.

Finding yourself at the demon's mercy, at least until someone came to your rescue or a sizeable distraction was created, you gave in. "What do you want?"

"See? Now we're talking!" Abyzma stepped closer to you, running Tony's finger down the side of your face. "(Y/N), I've heard so much about you. Granted we have never met but to be fair, I didn't want to die. Now that I have the chance, let me just say, you are pure power, and potential. In the right hands, you could be causing wonders."

"Whose hands would those be? Yours?" You refused to look her in the eye. They belonged to Tony, and the startling proximity to him was sparking feelings which were not necessarily ideal for the situation.

Abyzma flashed Tony's smile. "Right is a subjective concept, a matter of interpretation, really. I'm right, you're right, everyone's right, no one's right. Same difference." That caused you to roll your eyes. "You must be fun at parties."

"Wouldn't know. Never been to one." She jerked your head up, "Are you on my side or not?" It was your turn to smile. Only, your smile held defiance. "You and I both know the answer to that."

"I don't like the feisty ones." The back of Tony's hand collided against your cheek. When Abyzma had taken the armour off by force, it had not come off as cleanly, with bits and pieces still sticking out at random places. The sharp metal broke your skin, providing free outlets for the blood to flow.

"If not you then something of yours. Here, how does this work?" She tore the scepter away from your hands, admiring it with renewed interest. "It only works on my command." To a great extent, that was your only consolation. However, that didn't last long.

An evil glint flashed in Abyzma's eyes. "Command it, then." She said, "Command it to attack. I would love to see this thing in action." An audacious smirk was your reaction, you might as well have stuck your tongue out at her. In your head, the decision was made - you would rather die than crown the she-devil with any power.

But it wasn't your life that hung in the balance. "You will do it if you want to see this lump of flesh alive." She intricately moved her hands down Tony's torso. Abyzma had narrowed down your weakness and was milking it for all it was worth.

Reluctantly, you lifted your hand. The (Y/E/C) of your eyes flushed to gold as golden waves canvassed down your arm, leaving your fingertips and centering around the apex of the scepter, lighting the entirety of it in its image.

Abyzma was practically shaking in the presence of such raw, unadulterated power. "That is what I'm talking about!" She nearly growled. Then, as if for a show of authority, she directed the scepter at you. The energy blast threw you far back against the concrete wall. Your own energy being the one thing that could hurt you the most, it had you slipping in and out of consciousness.

"(Y/N)?"

You weren't certain if it was actually Sam's voice calling out to you or was it your mind playing tricks on you on account of your head hitting solid concrete. You desperately hoped for it to be the latter. 'No, no, no. Sam, why would you come in here? You are supposed to be the smart one. You went to Stanford!'