Learning New Things

With the front wall adorned with a showcase displaying an array of awards ranging from 'Youngest in The Field' to 'Personality of the Year' and the wall adjacent to it featuring a built in bookshelf stocked with a diverse assortment of books and magazines; complete with high ceilings, bright skylights and french windows, Opal Wallace's office was a sight to behold.

Every single detail of the room had been meticulously carved to bring out the magnificence of Wallace's persona. The only thing missing was Opal herself and her visitors were running out of patience. Clint was doing the bare minimum to restrain himself from touching every shiny object in sight, Natasha was getting tired of stopping him and Dean, Dean was sinking further into his chair pondering over his life choices.

"Hello." Opal appeared in the gilded doorway, taking poised steps inside the room. "It is truly an honour to have the Black Widow and Hawkeye here in my office. And him." She finished with an awkward glance trained on Dean, which he returned with the same dedication.

"Yeah, he's....with us. For some reason." Clint evaded the subject, "Ms. Wallace, you must be aware by now about being the next prospective target pertaining to the serial killings of others in your field. We're here to talk to you regarding the threat, it might be of a more unnatural nature than you would expect."

"It will help to keep an open mind." Natasha added a word of caution.

Opal listened to everything being told to her with a look of sheer disbelief on her face and by the time Dean was finished, her eyes had narrowed into slits. "You're telling me it's not humans who want me dead, it's demons but not before they take all my money to breed a higher variety of demons so they can fuel a rebellion in hell?"

Dean leaned back into his seat. "Pretty much." He had seen scarring reactions from people who were freshly introduced to the supernatural and if this was all Opal had to say, things might just turn out to be felicitous.

But it was not. "Get out." Opal said with a cordial smile plastered on her face. Clint almost stood up, not knowing whether the woman meant her words literally or figuratively. "I'm sorry, what?"

"I don't understand what you want - personal records, my financial documents or if it is a cult you want me to join. Regardless, I'm not interested. Feel free to leave at your earliest convenience." Opal announced as she engaged herself into inspecting the numerous files immaculately arranged on her desk.

Clint sighed, extremely chagrined. "Listen lady-"

Much to his dismay, he was interrupted by a loud rumbling noise coming from the outside, accompanied by the fluctuation of lights and clattering glass windows. Dean instinctively pulled out the demon blade tucked safely in his belt, vigilantly looking around for an oncoming threat.

It was only when his gaze fell on a frantic Opal Wallace that he realised that there were other people in the room, other people who were far more vulnerable to the circumstance than he was. "Whatever's coming, it's coming for her." Dean pointed towards Opal. "Now, she isn't warded and neither are any of you. So take her and hide!"

Knowing better than to argue with the expert here, Natasha spotted a closet which seemed big enough to accommodate the three of them and ushered everyone inside. Once the coast was clear, Dean waited for something to happen. Anything. But what happened was relatively underwhelming.

After the noises outside had died down, a tiny man appeared at the doorway. "Delivery for Miss Wallace."

Caught completely off guard, Dean hesitantly put the blade back in its place, hoping that the man hadn't seen it yet. "Miss Wallace isn't here. I'll take it."