His Promise

His Promise

Heavy Rain started to pour down from the sky as James look at the dark sky with full of woe. Day is getting dark just like his life. He sigh and walk out from his office but as soon as his driver approach him with umbrella, he tell him that he is going to walk home, his driver try to convince him that the weather is not good but he just walk away under the heavy rainfall ignoring him.

James feel suffocated with his situation like he is going to drown anytime with this grief. No matter how hard he try to be a strong and tough, he always end up losing and becoming weak, he couldn’t even save his own daughter from the selfish and cruel world. His eyes get wet even thinking about his daughter Annalisa, she is so tough and brave exactly like her mother unlike him, stupid and weak.

His head hang low with defeat as he walk in the rain without knowing his destiny. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice right in front of him, “what a pleasant surprise James? I wasn’t expecting you here”

James just stand there hanging his head low as he asked with his defeated voice, “what do you want now Damon?”

There stand a Damon with his head held high under an Umbrella with his bodyguard whereas James looks all wet and miserable. With scowl on his face, Damon reply, “I want so much more from you James, let’s not forget how you betray me by signing that contract with that Deleon without my knowledge”

James slowly raises his head and look at his eyes as he chuckle, “what is there more you want from me now, your dept has already been paid”
Damon eyes darken as he snapped, “don’t try to play smart with me James, you know very well, what I really want from you or should I say who I want!”

James narrowed his eyebrow and gritted his teeth, “don’t you dare to say anything about her with your filthy mouth” he paused then slowly raised his hand and point out with his finger as he continue, “remember this she is a person not a possession, you stay away from her. Do you hear me?” then he emphasize his each words, “STAY AWAY FORM MY DAUGHTER”.

They both intensely stare at each other like they were challenging each other then suddenly out of nowhere Damon started to laugh loudly like he just heard some kind of funny jokes. James looks confused for a moment keeping his eyes close to Damon.

When Damon finally sober, he smirks at him, “a man who is begging me till yesterday is now giving me warning to stay away from his daughter. Is this some kind of joke James?”

When James just glares at him, he again said but this time with his serious tone, “ remember one things James that Annalisa is mine from the day, I led my eyes on her and in one way or another way I’ll make her mine even it mean I have to kill Deleon then so be it, I can go any extant to make her mine”

“What do you mean by any extent Damon?” James asked with narrowing his eyes thinking that he might be insane talking like that.

Damon smirk, “its look like you weren’t reading newspaper these days James, if you had then you would have known what I mean, anyway I’m getting late so see you soon James”
After saying that Damon headed towards his car with his bodyguard… leaving behind the James who is still standing with his deep thought.

         *************  **************

Smile grace upon her lips while she read the book, she is sitting on one of the chair in library forgetting about the real world as she was totally lost in different world when Suddenly she heard the melancholy music, a sound of a violin which seems to awake her from her dreamy world. There is so much pain and sadness in the sound of the violin that she feels her heart ache for some unknown reason.