His Story

His Story

    A Gentle wind blow across his face, it makes his heart more contend and in ease. His eyes never left the name that engraved on the stone, ‘Victoria Lucian’. He is standing there lost in his own thought; his eyes look distant like he is replaying all his past.

But sudden voice gets him out of his daydream, “Deleon Ayres Lucian, never thought in my wildest dream that we are going to meet again”.

After hearing the familiar voice his eyes get wide and look towards the source of voice, at first he thought he is hallucinating then again she is standing not so far from him with all her glory and smirk on her lips. After all this year she is shown up again.

“Adriana!” he gasps seeing that she hasn’t changed one bit from the last time when he saw her.

“That I’m” she slowly walks towards him until she is standing right in front of him.
There are so many questions in his mind but still he couldn’t utter a word. She narrowed her eyes and said in her usual cold voice, “I can see you have lots of question hovering over your mind, wasn’t it?”

Before he could stop himself he blurted out, “how is Drina?” then his eyes search everywhere for a particular girl.

Her eyes darken naturally at the mention of her granddaughter but she answered anyway, “why don’t you see for yourself!” the reply was rather harsh.

Then she turned her head to the opposite side of graveyard, being confused, his eyes followed her and look at the other side. His leg buckle as he step back, still in shock, he couldn’t take his eyes off from the stone where there lay a bundle of white rose and he is sure whose body lay underneath that grave.
There was a silent only the howling of wind can be heard, and then she spoke again never taking her eyes off from the grave, “finally she is in peace” her voice carry sadness and grief.

He remain silent, he don’t know what to say, guilt is already eating him alive. Now knowing that someone is dead because of him, he feel like a real monster than he already is. so he hung his head low in shame, he couldn’t do anything and he don’t know how to fix this but deep down he knows that it is too late, he is doomed for rest of his life, there is no escape.

“Do you know what her last wish was?” she paused for a second looking far away then said again, “she wants me to forgive you, when she has wake up from her coma, I was so happy that I thought after all this years she will be fine but that happiness live short and she knew that, that’s why she make me promise to forgive you and I couldn’t refuse it because she is my precious jewel which is now lost and gone” her voice shake a bit, so she take a long breath before she look at him with same hatred.

“So I forgive you Deleon Ayres Lucian” she said with venom in her voice but knew that she has forgiven him.

As soon as he heard, he snapped his head towards her, “what?” he again couldn’t believe whether it is dream or not.

“Believe it Deleon but it doesn’t mean you’re free from this curse, you’ll still be suffer” then evil smile appear on her lips,

“like I said before I can’t reversed this curse neither I want to because you deserve it”

He just nods his head in sadness, “I understand”.
She chuckle darkly, “good” then she turned around and was about to leave when Deleon speak again, “you could’ve save her life with your magic then why…..” he couldn’t even able to complete his sentence because she abruptly turned back and gave him a sharp glare, “do you think I’m a god!” she almost shout.

Before he even opens his mouth, she harshly cut him off, “don’t you think I could have used my magic if I could, everything has its own limit Deleon, and nobody can prevent the death because it is bound to happen one day” with that she turn back and walk away without glancing back…
Then looking at her direction, he sadly whispers, “I’m sorry”.

***********_________**********