Seven

I don't dare to look up so I keep my eyes fixed on the clenched fist covered in tattoos on the table. I swallow hard when I feel Ares rage boiling next to me, I think I can even feel waves of heat coming from her body. Suddenly, something hits my cheek: a drop of water runs down my face to reach my chin, tickling me till it lands on my hands that are resting on my lap. Finally, I dare to lift my head and take a quick glance at her. Ares is bent over my shoulder, coming from the shower her hair is wet and drops of water are landing on her collar and my hoodie while she keeps her eyes on the picture, she's frowning and her teeth bite hard her lower lip almost drawing blood. She lifts her fist from the table and points at the guy on the right side, her eyes jumping from the screen to my face, so cold and lifeless that her gaze sends a shiver down my spine.

She touches the screen with her finger again, pointing at the guy, her eyes traveling incessantly from my face to the picture while the only thing I'm able to do is staring at her in shock... I know what she wants but I can't give it to her. Angrily, she throws to the floor pens, mugs and keyboards with a sweep of her hand before finding a notebook with a blank page. She grabs a red marker from the floor and writes with fury, her words are like a bleeding wound on a white background when she puts the notebook in front of my face:

"WHERE IS HE?!?!?!?!"

I shake my head while tears run down my cheeks. I could try to lie and tell her that I don't know but she wouldn't believe me, she seems good at reading my facial expression and is already aware that I know where he's. Ares keeps pointing at the screen and the notebook but I look down sadly, unable of facing her eyes. Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain when the assassin tangles her hands in my hair and pulls hard forcing me to look at the picture, she points at the tall guy once again and growls in my ear like an animal.

"I..." she pulls harder grabbing my hair with rage when she hears me hesitate, tearing a cry from my throat. "Stjepan Dragan is... a member of the Company... one of those that we cannot do without." My voice is barely a trembling whisper, I know this is going to enrage her more... and I'm not wrong. Ares forces me to stand up from my chair tugging my hair and drags me through the room before shoving me hard against the wall. I'm barely able to yell feeling the pain in my back when her hand tangled in my hair pulls again, forcing me to tilt my head back while she wraps her free hand around my neck squeezing tight... applying more and more pressure, controlling the air flow to my lungs, chocking me methodically, knowing exactly at which point my vision becomes blurry and I'm about to pass out. She lets me go at that moment and I start to pant and cough while tears run down my cheeks, she points at the screen again furiously before wrapping her hand around my neck one more time.

"Ares no... I can't do it, Winston will kill me... please, no..." Her hand squeezes tight again, little by little, till the pressure cuts off my air supply and I'm unable to breathe or pant, I feel like my head is going to explode because of the pain and I start getting dizzy looking right into her eyes, totally cold... the eyes of a killer. "She's going to kill me," I think with a flash of lucidity. Of course she's going to do it, she doesn't care about me, I mean nothing to her... However Nika is everything, her sister, the only person she's ever loved, revenge is more important for her than her loyalty to D'Antonio family, the Company, her oath of protecting me or my own life. Suddenly, I realize that Andreja has been living for vengeance for the last twenty years, all her steps in the world of crime have always had this sole objective in view and, if I'm an obstacle, she's going to get rid of me without a second thought. I let my muscles to relax and stop fighting, willingly accepting my fate and letting my body slip gently into unconsciousness. "I understand it," I try to say with a last effort, "this is about her, I understand it..."

Suddenly, air comes into my lungs again, fresh and sweet, and I bend at the waist trying to not hit the floor. I pant and cough hard, taking a deep breath while felling a little nauseous, my vision clears but my head aches like a bitch. I try to weep my tears away with the back of my hand but it's shaking too badly for it. Ares has let me go but she's standing in front of me, looking at me from head to toe, evaluating me with an eyebrow raised till an evil grin plays across her mouth. She shoves me against the wall again and I close my eyes, terrified, getting ready to die suffocated this time... however, she doesn't close her hand around my neck but she places it on my breast over my hoodie. I open my eyes shocked when I feel her tongue grazing slowly my lower lip and she smirks smugly before thrusting it in my mouth. I'm unable to move, so shocked that I'm not even kissing her back while the tip of her tongue barely touches the inside of my upper lip before going deep into my mouth again, she's grinding her pelvis against my hips tortuously slowly. As if it had developed a mind of its own, my tongue meets hers and suddenly I realized that I'm kissing the assassin. Her taste is... intoxicant.