Fourteen

Bonus Chapter: Ares P.O.V

Quietly, I put on my black boy shorts and I pour myself a glass of bourbon from the bottle I keep in the kitchen cabinet, I almost always avoid alcohol but sometimes I fancy a drink and tonight is one of those occasions. With the glass in my hand I sit down on one of the stools and I lean my elbow on the kitchen island behind me. I take a sip feeling the pleasing burn in my throat a little stronger than usual today since it's sore, I strained it too much trying to speak. I look at the girl lying on my bed, the reason of my pain. Her hair spreads across the pillow where she's burying her face trying to avoid the soft light that comes through the window, I must remember to close the curtains or she'll wake up too early tomorrow because of the sunlight. She needs to rest, she banged her head hard when she fell at her home. I take a new sip and wince while swallowing.

Nira... the first woman that sleeps in my bed. Actually she's the first person that visits my house. Not even Santino was never here, he knew that his grandfather had given me the old abandoned factory but he always thought it was little more than a ruin... that jerk... he was an unbearable spoiled brat, her sister was the smart one in the family. I still can't believe I got stabbed and almost died because of that moron. John Wick's gunshot straight into his head was well deserved; I've never said I didn't like John but he still owes me one for that knife through my hand and all the months of rehabilitation to regain the use of it. Luckily, when I finish this mission and get my money I could use my free time to try to find him... maybe I can convince Nira of telling me where he's, I'm pretty sure she knows it. The glimmer of naughtiness that flashes through her eyes when someone mentions him betrays her.

Nira... my thoughts always revolve around her in the end. Why I have brought her here? We could have gone to any hotel... but that would be uncomfortable for her and her cats. I don't understand why I care so much about her comfort. This girl gets on my nerves, half of the time I just want to strangle her and make her shut the hell up... and the other half I just want to fuck her till she faints. I take one big sip of bourbon not caring about the pain in my throat remembering when I almost choked her to death, I've never been so blinded by rage in my entire life and I regretted it from the first minute. I hate to lose control and I don't know why everything about her affects me in this way but I'm glad I didn't kill her because I'd have missed something very good. Fucking Nira has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life, I've never had any problem finding lovers but she's... I never knew I could be so pervert and feel so aroused by the idea of being the first one, shit... even now my shorts are getting wet thinking about it. That night at the Continental... that was the only reason for which I started kissing her: I wanted to mark her as mine, I knew that she'd remember me forever, I wanted to give her a perfect night so her future lovers would always appear to be dull compared with me, I wanted my hands and mouth burned in her skin... but something happened and sex turned into something intense and intimate. I'm not normally like this, I'm dominant and wild in bed, but being sweet with Nira is almost a second nature for me and I don't know why...

"Oh come on Andy, you didn't get here after all these years by lying to yourself," my sister voice echoes through my mind. "You almost had a heart attack when she was unconscious on the hardwood floor. She scared the hell out of you."

"That's because I have to fulfil the oath I've taken and I need those 15 million dollars to start my new life." The memory of the mocking laughter of my sister echoes this time in my ears. I smile sadly. "All right, I like Nira... more than I should. Are you happy now? I've admitted it." She's the most aggravating girl I've ever met but she's also funny, loyal, generous, hard-worker, very intelligent but without making a huge fuss about it, hot-blooded in bed, beautiful and when she licks her spoon after finishing a brownie I just want to jump on her like a predator. And she's going to hand me my sister's killer on a silver platter. I finish my bourbon with a big sip and I take a deep breath, I'm feeling a bit dizzy; I can't drink any more, we're safe here but I need to stay on alert just in case. Bonny jumps on the island by my side and I scratch him behind his ears. "Damn! I even like her cats."

Nira... has appeared at the right moment. I'm not an adrenaline junkie like most of the assassins are, I don't like this life and this isn't what I'd have chosen if circumstances had been different. My only reason to accept being a member of the Company was because the old man promised me that it was the best option to find my sister's murderers and he was right. There's only one left and, after killing him, this is over. I'll grab my money and I'll try to live as normal a life as possible, I know leaving the underground it's not easy and that's why I'll take some jobs from Winston but only once or twice a year and always on my own terms. And I want a relationship... I want to let someone to get close to me finally after 20 years. I want to feel, not only physical pleasure, but the warmth in my heart, a connection with another human being and leave behind this emptiness in which my existence has turned into with only revenge has an ultimate goal. And here she's out of the blue at the right moment, Nira... She's the only woman I've let get close to me after all these years. And she's perfect: she understands the implications of living in the underground, she knows how everything works, but she's very naïve in many ways. And I like that, I like it a lot.

My feet bring me close to the bed as if they have developed a mind of their own and I stare at the girl breathing calmly, she's sound asleep. "Little Nira... the things I want to show you..." A sultry smile spreads across my face while I imagine a whole world of possibilities and positions on this bed, but also nights of watching TV with a bowl of popcorn while we laugh together. I want it so bad that my heart ache just thinking about it. I close the curtains carefully, take off my boy shorts and I slip between the sheets next to her, her body heat sends a shiver of pleasure down my spine. She turns immediately and places an arm around my waist, my hand strokes her hair.

"Beautiful Nira... if I decide to make you mine things are going to change for you from now on. I hope you're ready for that."