Thirty-three

Smut warning: read with caution. 

I drop my underwear and T-shirt on the marble counter next to the sink congratulating myself because I've remembered to take my clothes before coming into the bathroom. I walk in the fantastic and massive shower of Ares' loft yawning, I turn on the tap and wait for the water to get hot.

We came back home two days ago but this time jet lag has kicked my ass hard and I've spent most of that time trying to stay awake during the day, when I felt that I could fall asleep on my feet, and trying to rest during the night when I just wanted to go dancing. Andreja didn't feel better than me but I think that jet lag wasn't the reason: she is probably emotionally drained after saying goodbye to her sister definitely and she needs some time to process it, meditate and calm down. We've barely talked during these past days but she's been protecting me, cooking for me and giving massages and painkillers so I'm feeling much better even if I still have a big awful looking bruise on my ribs that is changing colour finally. The Assassin has barely used her device but she's always close to me, she takes my hand, strokes my hair, hugs me every night... and that's all. I sigh sadly while I take a step forward to let the water run down my body.

"She's spoiled you too much..." my conscience whispers in my mind. That's right, I don't like to admit it but it's true: I've been sex deprived for five days and I'm grumpy. I've been living happily for 25 years settling for my stupid vibrator, well maybe not happily but satisfied at least, and now I'm all cranky because my bodyguard hasn't touched me since that night when I offer her an erotic show in Milan. Fuck! When did I become addicted to her?

The first thing we did after setting foot in New York was going to pick up my cats at Nonna's who insisted that we should stay for dinner. Despite being exhausted after a 9 hours flight, I enjoyed the pizza fritta, the chicken and parmesan casserole and the pastry cake filled with almond and orange. Bonny and Josie were perfectly fine, they seemed happy to see me and, when I picked them up in my arms, I realized that they didn't get as fat as I feared under their thick fur: luckily they've only been there for a week. I hope they'll get fit again now that they eat normally and play around chasing their annoying ball with the little bell.

I've helped Ares with the laundry after our trip, we went to the supermarket and finally we went visit Winston at the Continental in order to give him a complete report of what had happened in Rome's airport. The room that works as an antechamber of Winston's office is something worth seeing, for sure. Most of his visitors feel intimidated by the dark and solemn atmosphere, the fancy velvet of the dark grey and burgundy couches and above all by her... the lady. The tall Hindu goddess sculpture, with multiple arms, that looks at them from her place in the middle of the square fountain, surrounded by candles, while they sign the old book with their bleeding thumb when the markers are over. Most of them don't understand why she's here and they think she's just one of the eccentricities of my boss but I know her, the lotus flower where she leans her feet gave me the clue: Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity, good luck and wealth, exactly the kind of goddess that a good hustler would like to have protecting him.

When Winston felt satisfied with the explanation we gave him about the Rome incident he told us how Julius took care of everything and soothed the airport authorities. Then, he handed me a black envelope smiling amused. I opened it frowning confused and I found a black card written in bright orange ink:

Please join us if you dare

For a bloody banquet

So creep, float or crawl on over to our

Halloween Costume Party