Scarlet Letter- Chapter 1

SCARLET LETTER

(HARRY AND BLAIR)

CHAPTER 1

"What? You're dumping me?" My just turned ex-boyfriend Hector Grey said incredulously.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You know we're just having fun, right? And I had fun." I smiled at him.

He grimaced then shook his head. "And what if I don't want to break up with you?"

I shrugged. "I don't care if you don't. I'm still breaking up with you. Aw, come on, Hector. Just find another girl."

He looked at me, disgusted. "You know what, Blair? You're the bitchest bitch I've known."

I smiled sweetly at him. "I'll take that as a compliment." I grabbed my bag and kissed him on the mouth. "Bye, Hector."

I'm Blair Laurice Etheridge. 19 years old. I'm a model for Oxygen at the moment. That's where I met Hector. We're both models there. We lasted for 2 months. Before Hector, I had Mark, Jerome, Paul, Anthony, Ivan, James, Simon, Gabriel, Neil, and George. George's my first boyfriend, back when I was still innocent. I was 16 at that time and George's your typical dream boy. He was a senior back then. He's a dazzling blonde. Every girl in our high school is in love with him and when he finally turned his attention to me, I was more than willing to give my all to him. He dumped me after I lost my virginity with him. I was so stupid that time. I'm so in love with him but he just played with me. I cried and cried for months. That's the incident that made me turn into whoever I am today. I will never be played again. In junior year, I joined the cheerleaders. I go out with different guys every week. I became the queen bee of our school. The girl that all the boys want and all the girls hate yet tries so hard to be. Then I decided to be a model. My Mom's a model. My Dad's a director. I modelled when I was a kid but stopped because of my studies. I'm an only child. I never had siblings. Mom says giving birth hurts big time so she and Dad decided to only have one child. And that's me. I'm a different person when I'm on our house. I respect my parents and I love them. They know my reputation but they still accept me inside their house. Hey, it's not like I murdered someone or whatsoever. I'm just a lady who loves to have fun.

-

"Blair, do you want to accept this offer or not?" My colleague, Violet Jenkins, asked me.

"Who's the designer again?" I asked while picking on my salad.

"Rhine Hicks. The youngest and newest designer in town."

I rolled my eyes. "Amateurs," I muttered.

She frowned at me. "So you coming or not?"

I flipped my hair. "Sure, yeah. Whatever."

"By the way, Blair, I'm gonna be with you. I'll do your make-up."

I turned to face her. "Actually, I can do my own make-up. And I think the result will be much better."

She raised an eyebrow at me. The nerve of this girl! "You know, I really don't want to come with you. But I have no choice. It's an order from your parents."

"My parents?" Wow. That's new. They don't usually care about my job or my whereabouts, let alone having someone to watch over me.

She nodded. "Yes. They talked to me yesterday. Said this event is really important because this is the debut of a designer full of potential."

I raised an eyebrow at her. She just shrugged. "That's you Mom's exact words. You know how much she values new designers with such potential. She said Rhine's designs are amazing."

"And are they?"

She nodded. "It's good. I like it."

"Then you wear it."