Jona

Jona had never felt this free in his life, he was walking down a busy street in London. He didn't have to worry about what his mom was going to say when he got home, he didn't have to worry about what time he needed to be back. He really didn't have many worries right now, except for going back home. The fact that his mother hadn't called in months since right before Christophers birthday had him worried a little, but his dad talked to his aunt. The entire thing was odd, his mom went from overbearing mother to a stranger, but Jona wasn't going to worry about that now. He was heading to a music shop that he had found on their way in from the airport, walking in he was greeted by a man who looked like a british Kurt Cobain.

"Good Afternoon, is there anything I can help you with?" The Cobain look alike asked.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you knew any places that let amateurs play?" Jona asked.

"How amateur mate?" He asked looking at Jona like he was a pitiful child.

"I've been playing guitar since I was 5, and my dads fiancé has been teaching me piano."

"Mate honestly you don't look much older than 12."

"Dude, I'm almost 6 foot tall and I'm 15, try again to make me feel like a child. It's not happening my dads a college professor and his fiancée is the music teacher at Juilliard I'm far from an idiot." Jona stood taller, his baby fat as Elio had called it had faded. His blonde hair had nearly touched his shoulders, he was going to have to start pulling it back.

"Alright I wasn't doing anything like that. The pub around the corner does amateur nights after 11."

"Thanks, now can you please give me the best string you got, I've worn mine out." Jona said smacking his dad's credit card on the counter. He and Christopher had both been given one but they always had to pay it back. Christopher and Jona both worked at the pizza joint down the street from their house but this summer they didn't pick up any shifts. But when they got back in August, Mike had their shifts waiting for them.

He thought a little more about home today, or at least New York. He was hoping his dog Chapman was doing ok at his aunt's house. Chapman was a golden retriever he and Christopher had gotten for Christmas five years ago. He couldn't wait to get back to his dog, he missed Chapman laying on his feet and waking up with dog breath aimed at his face.

Jona left the music shop heading back towards the hotel, he stopped at a local pastry shop. Jona ordered multiple cup cakes for his family and got himself a coffee and cronut. Walking back to the hotel he had to finally use the strap on his guitar case in order to carry everything. He nearly lost the box of cupcake when he ran into a red hair girl who was walking out of the elevator of the hotel.

"Sorry, I need to watch where I'm going." Jona apologize

She looked up at him, smiling.

"Oh you're American." She said excitedly, Jona had no idea what her accent was but it was beautiful.

"Uh yeah I am, New Yorker actually." At this point he was beginning to turn on his charm, she was too pretty not to.

"Oh, that's much more exciting than where I'm from."

"And where is it that you are from?"

"New Zealand."

"Well I'm playing at the pub around the corner tonight if you want to come." Jona winked at her and stepped in the elevator. Their rooms were on the fifth floor, Jona walked out hearing laughter coming from their hotel room. Opening the door Jona saw his parents sitting on the sofa with another couple who he recognized.