Midnight

Midsummer of 2016, the cast and crew were already two weeks into shooting. Armie leaned on the side of the pool talking to Timmy. Luca was speaking with Amira under the peach tree. Oliver sat in his writer's chair mulling over the pages for that day, looking up he saw Armie and Timmy engaged in very animated discussion. Reaching for his phone he takes a quick picture, he wanted to keep that moment. The two young men seem to have formed a very quick friendship, they both are passionate people. He hopes that they keep each other that way and that their friendship is never tarnished by the likes of fame.

"Oliver, come join us, the water is warm!" Armie yells out to him, Oliver smiles.

"I know that is a damn lie! It's been raining, no time for the water to warm up." He yells back, he feels warm arms slid down his neck, hands rest on his stomach and familiar lips kiss right under his ear.

"How are things going?" Elio whispered in his ear.

"Mm good, hoping it doesn't rain." Oliver lightly ran his fingers up Elios arm.

"It's not supposed too but whenever you're ready just call, Elizabeth and I will have lunch waiting for you boys."

"Oh is she making cookies? Please say she's making cookies?"

"Yes she is making cookies, but you might want to get ahead of everyone else before the kids get to them."

"I'll be there before them. Have I told you yet today how much I love you?" Oliver coos.

"I'm not sure, this morning in the shower there was a lot of thank yous, oh fucks and fuck me's but I don't think I love you was in there."

"Well I love you and maybe after dinner tonight I will have to praise you again."

Across the yard, on the side of the pool, Timmy watched the two interact.

"They always whisper to each other, it's beautiful don't you think?" Timmy mused pushing his sunglasses back up.

"It's beyond beautiful. Elizabeth said when this is all over she's going to have a hard time leaving. She said they are the epitome of love."

"In the dictionary under love, there should literally be a picture of them. But I guess when you fight for so long to be who you are, you don't take anything you have for granted."

                                                      ********

By week four of filming it was Oliver and Elio's turn to be on camera.

"I never in a million years thought we would be portraying Sonny and Cher." Elio laughed putting on the white suit jacket.

"At least you are wearing white, I'm not sure what this is call." Oliver pulled out the bottom of the jacket.

"It's called salmon Oliver." He gave him a cheeky broad smile.

"It's terrible, why Issac a gay man I mind you thought this was fashionable in the 80's is beyond me."

"Well my love not everyone can wear swim shorts and band shirts in their late 50's like you." Elio smirks.

"What's wrong with my style? Last year you complained that I wore too many tracksuits and now you are complaining about my comfortable summer attire."

"I didn't complain about your tracksuits until you wore one to Marzia's son's wedding." Elio said looking at him in the mirror.

"No, no you can't complain about that. It was a Tom Ford tracksuit."