Things happen for reasons

The light came through the bedroom window, Oliver shielded his face with his forearm. It was time for his run, getting up he stretched. Turning to look out the window he saw, the snow had begun to melt. A wet nose tapped his hand, turning to look he saw Bach standing wagging his tail and before Oliver could say anything the dogs leaped off the bed. He ran to grab Oliver's shoes, no one had taught him this, Oliver had always found it entertaining at how intelligent the retriever was. Bach watched Oliver patiently as he pulled on his black and green track bottoms and jacket, he stood quickly with Oliver's shoes still in his mouth as Oliver reached for his socks.

"Just calm down boy, I'm getting there." Oliver smiled at the dog. "Alright give them here." Bach dropped the shoes in front of him.

Oliver walked to Elio's side of the bed bending down to kiss his shoulder, he grumbled, rolled over and stretched.

"MMMmmmm! You two going for your run?" Elio asked eyes still closed, Oliver admired him, sun reflecting off his slightly olive skin. Elio still held his tan from the summer but as for Oliver, he'd lost his tan. Oliver kissed his collarbone, neck, cheek, and lips.

"Yup, are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Oliver whispered, Elio quickly opened one eye, giving him a face of a disgruntled baby.

"Are you insane?"

"No. You used to run with me all the time."

"Uhuh, and there was a reason for that, but I have you now so no reason for me to run in thirty-degree weather." Elio groaned pulling the duvet up to his neck.

"Alright...but no matter what I will always love you, even if you start looking like one of the men from the bar." Oliver stifled a laugh when Elio's head popped up.

"Excuse you! I have not gained an ounce in years. I bet you a message tonight that I can still fit into a pair of my old shorts."

"If you say so." Oliver shrugged, sitting down in the chair, Elio flung back the duvet and stomped into the closet. He could hear Elio muttering profanity but he wasn't sure if he was mixing german and greek. Elio walked out in a pair of jean shorts that he hadn't seen since the summer when Timmy wore them.

"See, they still fit." Elio huffed pointing to the shorts.

"Yes, you're right they still fit." Oliver put his hand over his mouth, covering the smile. "But uh they do look a little snug, my love."

"They are not! I can move, bend over and do all of that with no problem."

Oliver looked Elio up and down, he wanted to comment on the fact that Elio had obviously squeezed his body into the shorts.

"Ok, they are not snug at all, I don't know what I am saying." Oliver got up, walking toward Elio, kissing him. He slid his hands around Elio's middle.

"So you owe me a message tonight." Elio huffed.

"You won only because you squeezed your beautiful plump ass into those shorts." Oliver smacked both his hands on Elios ass.

"You better run for your life, Oliver."

"Oh, love please come and get me." Oliver laughed as he tried running out the door and was quickly hit by his own pillow.

Oliver could see his own breath as he ran, Bach stayed at his side the entire run the dog never faltering. He enjoyed running to music these days and Jona had introduced him to a new app that let him play whatever music he wanted. This morning's choice was 80's music, a familiar song came on and Oliver stopped, looked at Bach and started laughing.