To Forgive?

"I think we are good, all the books, clothes and pictures have been shipped. I nearly had a heart attack when they told me how much it was to ship all those boxes." Oliver leaned against the wall of the study.

"I hope you sent everything in crates dear."

"Well of course I did got all the books in one and the rest in another."

"Everything else is going in storage until we can send it out." Elio ran his fingers over the piano keys.

"Only a few more days my dear."

"I know, it's going to be good to be home again." Elio stood linking his and Olivers bodies together.

Jona's footsteps hitting the stairs was a welcoming sound.

"Chris is going to be here in a few minutes and then we are off."

"Are you two going to be ok? I can come." Oliver asked his youngest son as he had done many times over the last twenty-four years of his life.

"We are going to be fine, I can't say there won't be yelling or tears but we will be fine pops."

"Please, call us if you need any support." Elio gave him a hug.

"Thanks, papa but we will be ok promise."

The front door swung wide open.

"Come on little brother let's go dump fifteen years of emotions out in an hour. It will be a blast. Hey pops, papa." Chris was trying to be funny, always trying to make a joke out of a terrible situation.

The drive to the hotel was quiet, the closer they got the more words were spoken.

"Do you think after all of this is said and done that we will let her back into our lives?" Jona asked Chris as he was driving.

"I wish I could answer that, I really wish I could. But we don't know what she was going through let alone thinking. I just want to know was she depressed by the situation between her and dad or was it long before that."

"Yeah, that would be good to know. Oh god do we hug her when we see her or would that be to family like for us?"

"I sure as hell am not hugging her, that would mean I forgive her in some way, that I'm happy to see her."

"So no hugging got it."

Getting out of the Jeep, Jona almost held his brother's hand. He doesn't even think Chris would mind, it would be a comfort to them both. Any kind of contact would have been comforting. He and Chris were the same height these days only Jona was a smaller build. He wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulder and Chris wrapped his arm around Jona's back. They both let out the breath they had been holding. Walking in, they were directed to the bar. Madeline sat at one of the small tables, they could tell that she had put a lot of effort into her appearance while they had just thrown on whatever clothes looked halfway decent. She got up from her perch on the chair and walked toward them.

"I'm glad you two have agreed to meet me." She looked as though she wanted to hug them, but they both stood. Very cold and separated from her.

"Well you can't hold on to anger forever it eats away at the soul." Jona spoke first.

"Very wise, well sit, sit." She motioned to the chairs on the opposite side of hers. "So, how have you two been?"

They both sat there not saying a word, neither of their faces had shown any emotion.

"Boys I know you have lots of question and I've got a lot to answer for and I know no amount of I'm sorries will ever fix any of it."

"So what's your excuse, what's the real reason you left and what's the sob story you tell everyone else?" Jona spoke in a harsh tone.