Elio meets Elio

It was early March and the Italian countryside was starting to warm up. Leaves were starting to come back to the limbs of trees and the kids were starting to prepare for the summer.

"Nonno can we go to the beach every day this summer? And take Bach and Chapman?" Ella Perl asked Elio as he was handing her, her after school snack.

"Well I guess we could, but I don't think we need to take Chapman he's pushing 19 and that's very old for a dog. Bach will be happy to go through." Elio looked at the two golden retrievers laying by the back door. Chapman was no longer golden but very gray, his face was showing his age. But he still got up with Oliver every morning and went for a walk as they have done for years.

"Good afternoon my piccino's, did you learn anything new at school?" Oliver burst through the kitchen.

"Oliver, must you do that every day?" Annella tossed the kitchen towel at him, it scared her every time.

"No bubbeh we didn't learn anything, it's almost summer we don't learn new stuff right before summer." Mini scoffed at him.

"That's completely untrue, I learned something new every day. Like today I learned that a sneeze can travel up to 100 miles per hour and can release 100,000 germs into the air. That's about the speed of a race car!" Oliver said excitedly as he sat down at the kitchen island. Sammy who was now five looked at him wide-eyed.

"Wow! Is that why my boogers shootout?"

"Yes, Sammy that's why, but it's still not ok to wipe them on your sisters."

"I know momma done told me if I do it again Santa will give me cole again in my stocking."

Elio stifled back a laugh, poor little Sammy had gotten cole in his stockings two years in a row instead of sweets. He was just a mischievous little boy, unlike his little brother who was very quiet.

"Well, that means you are going to strive to be good this year right?" Elio asked him, he nodded his head. "Once everyone's done go wash your hands and watch tv or play until your parents get here." They scattered like mice, Elio shook his head.

"Those kids amaze me every day. How was your day love?" Elio asked leaning across the island puckering his lips waiting for Oliver, he quickly returned the action.

"Oh it would be a complete bore if I didn't have my laptop, it's so quiet when everyone is doing tests. I spent the majority of my day playing email tag with Luca. The role of me has finally been cast."

"Oh really? I bet he's not as adorable as mine is."

"Oh, this man is gorgeous! And you will agree because we just watched one of his movies the other night."

"Who?"

"Armie Hammer." Oliver smiled, winking at Elio.

"Oh, mmm yeah I can see the resemblance. I wonder if he's going to come to stay here for a week as well?"

"Hey now, don't be getting any idea's, Elio Perlman." He said getting up and wrapping his arms around Elio shoulders kissing his neck.

"Hey now, don't get anything started that we can do right now." Elio swatted him with the plate he hand in his hand. It made contact with Oliver's butt.

"Oh! Mmm, don't you start."

"Pops!" Christopher yelled coming into the house.

"In the kitchen!" Elio yelled back. Christopher and David walked in, Chris was always dressed in the finest suits. He said it made the lawyers of the parents or guardians look disheveled, he wanted the children to know they were worth something. Chris loved being a children's advocated and children's welfare lawyer.