About Last Night

(Author note: Can anybody guess which bit actually made me cry. Yes, I made myself cry I'm not ashamed. :) )

Christopher walked through the door of his family home a little after noon, walking into the house it was quiet. The house was never quiet unless it was Sunday morning, he was soon greeted by Chapman.

"Hey buddy, where is everyone?" Chapman ran toward the kitchen, Christopher followed him the back door was open he knew where everyone was. Walking out to the patio he only saw Oliver standing with his back to him, and he was smoking. He'd never seen his dad smoke before.

"Dad?" Oliver turned, he had concern written all over his face. "Where is everybody?"

"Elio took nonna and Jona to the movies. We need to talk bud." Oliver motioned for him to sit down.

"About what?"

"About why the Mayor showed up in front of our house this morning."

Christopher deflated, he didn't know that something so small would turn into this.

"I swear dad, I had no idea he was there and nothing big happened. Jude, Kelly, Steph and I went out last night we stopped and ate at the place down on 4th. We walked in and we didn't even notice David and his wife when they were walking out his wife saw me sitting in the booth. She comes into the shop once a week, so she knows who I am."

Christopher explained everything, that happened at the restaurant.

Christopher sat with his arm around Stephanie, kissing her he wasn't going to see her all summer and they promised to visit each other while they were away at school. He knew it wasn't going to last most long distance relationships don't last.

"Christopher! I thought that was you."

Christopher looked up to see Christine dragging David behind her, who looked shocked to see them.

"Oh hi, Christine." He smiled at her.

"Sweetie this is the Christopher, from the flower shop that I'm always telling you about, he always makes sure I get the freshest and most beautiful flowers."

"Hi." is all David has to say, he see's David trying not to make eye contact with him.

"Nice to meet you, oh um this is my girlfriend Steph, my best friend Jude and his girlfriend Kelly." Christopher slightly shakes his head, David shot a surprised but hurt look when he heard Christopher say, my girlfriend. He finally looked at Christopher, he could see the pain in his eyes. David looked so miserable, he wanted to hug him, kiss him, something to take it away. Christine was sweet and very beautiful, he wasn't sure if David really appreciated her.

"Well it's nice to meet you all, Christopher I need some really beautiful pink flowers this week and we need loads of them, my baby shower is this week and we are having a girl! It's exciting!" She clapped in excitement, he still noticed Davids hurt expression out of the corner of his eye.

"Congratulations, call the shop and they will get everything ready for you."

"I thought you'd help me pick them out?" her smile faltered a little.

"If you come in before Wednesday I will help you, it's my last day. My family and I leave for Italy next week. We go every summer and then I'm off to college, so now you will have to go sadly get help from Becca from now on."

David looked as though he wanted to run out the door.

"Oh no, but I'm happy for you where have you decided to go?"

"Uh, Yale. It's got everything there."

"That's fantastic, well we won't keep you. You all have a lovely evening, but I will see you Christopher on Monday."