Chapter 3: Face it

No more tears. It's all dried up...

A month. It's been a month since I was hospitalized. I withdraw out of ANBU and currently took the job as a team captain. I fixed everything for the past month and planned how I'll live my life. A shinobi once told me, "You're the only one who could determine your destiny."

I smile widely, greeting the new team I'll be assisting "Since Kurenai have some business she needs to attend, I'll be in charge of team 8 for awhile."

"So, what are we doing today?" The guy with a dog asked. Based on the files, this guy is Kiba and the dog is Akamaru. What a cute pair.

I thought for awhile "Well, I decided that we will go use training ground 5 to practice on shuriken throwing."

"Piece of cake." Shino commented shortly.

"But uhm..." Hinata approach me, looking down at her feet "Team 7 is t-there and uhm...we c-can practice here like we always do..."

I rest my hand on her shoulder, and said in such eager enjoyment "Exactly! You see," I lean closer to her and whisper "I'm trying to see Kakashi." I stood up and clasp my hands, hearts probably forming in my eyes "He's such a cool shinobi!"

"Sensei..." Shino called "You're weird." he then started walking away with Kiba.

"You two!" I catch up to them and smack their heads "Wait for me and Hinata!" I glare then smile ever so cheerfully "Team sticks together, right Hinata?"

"N-Naruto-kun..."

I scratch my head, laughing lowly. She's in her own little world.

As we near the training ground, I could see Kakashi and his team. I started feeling weird. My feet wants to just hide and watch him secretly like I always do but I've made my resolve. You only get one chance in life. It's now or never.

"Let's go! Run! This is a race!" I yell at my team and we all race towards a tree.

"I win! Ha!" Kiba stood up properly as we all catch our breath "This is nothing! Me and Akamaru could run the whole village in no time!"

"Good job!" I raise my thumb and chukle.

"That's it? No prize?" Kiba frown.

"I knew we shouldn't have wasted our energy running." Shino butted in.

"Fine. Fine! I'll take you to Ichiraku later!"

"Hmm...alright!" Kiba seemed more happy.

"Did anyone said ramen?!" Suddenly, a yellow haired guy appeared "Where's the ramen dattebayo?!" He look so exhaust and dirty as he catch his breath.

"N-Naruto-kun...are you...are you ok?" Hinata stammer. I look at her knowingly. Ohhhh~ so this is Naruto. Hinata remind me of myself...

"Well Not-"

"Naruto!!!"

My body froze. It's Kakashi and he's walking towards us. He stopped and grab Naruto by the ears.

"Training is not over. I thought you want to catch up with Sasuke."

"But I'm hungry and this nee-san have ramen dattebasa!" Naruto pointed at me and I felt Kakashi's eyes darted at me. I took a deep breath and raise my head.

He smiled at me "Sorry if my student troubled you."

This is my chance.

I tried my best to find my voice "It's..It's ok!" I cheerfully said, maintaining eye contact for the first time "Should we all go to Ichiraku Naruto-san?" I look at Naruto and tilted my head.