Special Chapter: Takeru

Special Chapter: A Childhood Believer

"Are you sure you won't help him Kasuno?" Rin sounded worried.

Kasuno shook her head, playing with a kunai in her hand. She watch intently as her brother run  for his life around the training ground. From time to time, she would laugh quietly.

"You're secretly evil." Rin couldn't help but to laugh as well.

"I don't deserve this!!!!" 12 year old Takeru yelled at the top of his lungs, jumping just in time to escape a shuriken.

"You said I'm pretty! You kissed me!" A tall lean girl run after Takeru, dark blue hair almost standing in anger. She threw shuriken at him but refrained herself from burning him with her jutsu no matter how much she wants to "If I'm pretty then who was that girl?!"

Takeru briefly looked back, still running "First of all, YOU KISSED ME! Second...She was pretty too!"

"Wrong answer." Kasuno shook her head; her and Rin watching from a tree.

The blue haired girl appeared right in front of her brother, eyes fuming in anger. With all her might, her palm landed at Takeru's cheeks. Rin can only wince at the sound of skins slapping against each other. She could feel the pain from the sound as if she was the one who got slapped.

"Damn jerk!" The girl landed a kick between Takeru's leg before disappearing like a bubble. Takeru stood there for a bit before the pain registered and he fell on the ground, yelping in pain and gasping for air like a fish out of water.

"Now I feel bad." Kasuno sigh but refrained herself from going up to her brother. He deserves it. He hangs out with so many girls carelessly.

"Onee-chan, do you think my brother is a jerk too?"

Rin looked at Takeru, laughing at his idiotic attempt to stand up but only to end up falling right on his face.

"I don't think he's a jerk. Takeru is just too nice to girls and they end up misunderstanding him. You know...girls like small things guys do for them."

"I wonder if that's really it..." Kasuno scratch her head, remembering all the girls that went up to her, complaining about Takeru. She gets a couple every week.

***

"Ah! It's hot!!!" Takeru dropped his chopsticks, spitting the noodles back into his bowl. He reached for the closest cup beside him, only to spit it out again "IT'S HOOOOOT!"

"Tsk. Why would you drink my drink." Kakashi stood up from his seat, walking away.

"Yah! Pay for that tea-" Takeru yelled but the shinobi was already gone.

Takeru can only shake his head. He picked up his chopsticks and eat slowly, knowing better to blow on his noodles this time.

"What happened to your face, Takeru-san?" Ayame tiptoed in order to place a cup of ice water over the counter and in front of the guy.

"Ah..." Takeru places a hand on his cheeks and it stings "I got slapped by someone...rather...I got slapped by 2 girls today."

"Always making the girls cry..." Ayame shook her head, sitting in front of Takeru as her father takes care of the orders.

"You know..." Takeru places his chopsticks down "...I just can't resist it. When I see pretty girls, I want to help them. So I carry their books, open the door, make small conversation, tuck their hair behind their ears, give them flowers when they're sad... it's a gentleman's instinct."

Ayame would have rolled her eyes but instead, she found it cute how he talks to her with those innocent puppy eyes. Others might not see it but she sees Takeru as a pure hearted guy who wouldn't even think of breaking someone's heart.