Chapter 5: I won't get far

Kasuno fix her red dress, pulling it down as she awkwardly stand next to Kakashi.

"Kasuno!" Her mom nagged at her "Atleast look pretty next to this handsome boyfriend of yours."

She couldn't help but to turn red "For the hundredth time! H-He's not-"

In her surprise, Kakashi pulled her closer by the waist, smiling "Let's take a good picture, Kasuno-chan."

She was so surprise, she jumped back which at the same time, the camera flashed. Her mother waited for the Polaroid film to come out and handed it to Kakashi with a laugh before she disappear to entertain her other guests.

"Let me see!" She tried looking at the picture but he raise it up high. She's actually short that even if she jumps, her hand doesn't reach Kakashi's.

"Senpai!" She pouts and turns away, sulking.

Kakashi laughs, resting his hand on her head "Thank you for the picture, Kasuno-chan!"

"Hmp!" She puff her cheeks. She was about go elbow him when Ino's father came.

"How are you feeling, Kasuno?"

She stood up straight, showing respect "Perfectly fine Inoichi-sama."

"Well, if you ever need something, don't be afraid to ask me. My clan have taken care of your grandma and we're still looking for a-"

"Thank you." Though kind of disrespectful, she cut him off. She's suddenly afraid Kakashi might find out.

"Anything for you." Inoichi then gave her a hug and left.

"What's up with people asking you how you're feeling?" Kakashi questioned her.

"It's nothing." she smiled awkwardly.

He suddenly put his hand on her forehead, feeling her temperature. The caring look in his eye made her admire him even more. She was lost in his features when someone pulled her away.

"Kakashi my rival! What are you doing with Kasuno?!"

"G-Gai?" She was so surprise, her eyes grew big "W-what are you doing here?"

"Well, I can't miss my mother in law's birthday party. Mission's been handed to ANBU and your brother." Gai grin "The power of Youth is here to turn up this party!!!"

She just stared weirdly at him.

Kakashi leans in and whisper "So it's you and Gai huh?" There was a hint of seriousness in his voice but she have no idea why.

"No no no!" She shook her head, waving her hand "It's not what you think! Gai is my friend. That's it! I've known him since I was still in the academy and he-"

Kakashi shrug "No need to get all worked up. You don't have to explain anything to me."

She sigh "Right...."

"Kasuno! Let's go get something to eat!" Gai held her hand but she was too upset to even shrug him off "Kakashi my rival! I'll take her now!"

Kakashi just nodded, hands in his packet as he watch his friend take her away.

"Man," He scratch his head "and I thought I'll be with her all night..." He can't help but to glare at guy's back.

Kasuno's P.O.V

"Ms. Yamashita, please balance yourself." My doctor reminded me as I tried hard to balance on my left leg. I focused on steadying myself but after 5 sec., I always end up falling.

I shook my head "This is really funny. I must be really tired." I scratch my head. I stood on one leg again and tried to balance but I kept swaying until I fall.