Chapter 18: Good at Pretending

Before reading, I just want to say, I'm not good at fight/action scene so pardon me :( HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!

I slowly opened my eyes, face to face with Kabuto. I looked away, avoiding his eyes. Those fake eye smile. They won't fool me.

"Well Kasuno-chan, you can go back to your room now. See me again tomorrow." His gentle voice rang through my ears as he helped me sit up. The contact of his fingers burns my skin.

I hate the way he touches me.

"Until when do I have to stay?" I looked up to meet his eyes.

It's been 7 days. Seven days since I left Konoha. Seven days since he and Orochimaru started all these test on me. They said it's the process of taking the curse out...but it's becoming pointless to me.

"Now now, don't get too impatient. You're almost-" He places a hand on top of mine but I quickly jerk back.

"Quit touching me." I glared. We're not close. We're not friends or comrade.

"I like you Kasuno-chan." He backs away, hands up in the air as if in surrender "Too bad, I can't have you."

"Too bad for you." I stood up, walking towards the door with so much difficulty. When I exited the room, I held onto the wall, carefully taking steps one by one.

But as expected...

I found myself stumbling forward and prepared to make contact with the ground until someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me back up to balance on my feet.

"Sasuke." I mumbled his name.

"Hn." He hiss at me, rolling his eyes.

I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't. This rude emotional brat! With clench fist, I landed a punch on his jaw. What the heck is he staying here for?! Orochimaru let him go already!

"What was that for!" His glowing red eyes threw daggers at me.

"Get out of here BAKAYARO!" (Stupid fool) I look down at him "Go eat ramen with Naruto; play shogi with Shikamaru; go on date with both Ino and Sakura, it's ok, do it while you're still young; Run around the village with Lee; Learn more jutsu from Kakashi...you don't have to be in the dark!"

"Just shut up for once." The lowness of his voice sent shiver down my spine as he slowly stood back up "What do you know about how I feel? Someone like you who grew up with your family. Someone like you who hasn't felt the need for revenge. Someone who hasn't been through the same pain as mine...you don't know my hatred."

"But-"

I was shocked when he quickly appeared in front of me, a kunai pointed down my throat "If I were you, I would run away with Kakashi right now while he's still here. The difference between you and me is that Kabuto can't fool and toss me around like he's doing to you. Do you think they're really trying to help you? Once Orochimaru gets what he wants, you're as good as dead."

I would have rejoiced if the situation was different. Sasuke never talked this much towards me nor say words to help me out...but right now, despite his cold appearance, I could see a light in him.

He pulled his kunai away from me "By the entrance. If you make it fast enough, Kakashi might still be alive."

"Why..."

Why are you telling me this, Sasuke?

"Kakashi taught me the Chidori. Now we're even." He turned his back to me and disappeared in the darkness.