Chapter 7: Pink carnation

He's crying again. He sat on the kitchen floor, a kunai in his hand as he cry in sorrow. Beside him is a book. (How a shinobi should die)

Does he plan to kill himself?

I watch as he stare at the kunai then close his eyes. He slowly lifted his hand up and place the kunai next to his throat.

Kakashi!

He stopped.

I took a deep breath. I've done it. I've spoke to him using my telephaty jutsu.

Kakashi, what do you think you're doing?

"R-Rin..."

From the tree I'm hiding, I watched from his kitchen window. He stood up and looked around frantically.

Don't try and look for me. Even if you can't see me, I'll always be here for you. I'll give you strength Kakashi.

His head hang low "Am I going crazy? You're dead Rin....I killed you."

I'm not Rin. I'm not her but you're important to me, just like how you're important to her. Kakashi, killing yourself won't take you anywhere.

He look at his kunai, holding back his tears "It will. After all...what do I have to live for?"

There's so many reasons! Live for Rin! Live for Obito! Live for Konoha! This village needs someone like you. Minato-sensei trust you a lot. He trust you to protect the village. How would he feel if you die? Kakashi...there's a point in living.

He just fell on his knees and cried so hard. I wanted to run up to him and hug him but I couldn't. I can't show myself to him. It hurts so much to see him in pain yet all I can do is offer him words.

At such a young age, he withdraw from any attention anyone gives him. He dispisses himself and believe he didn't deserve any kind of affection. He begins to put up walls around him.

"Who are you?" he mumbles.

A friend. I'll be anything you want me to be Kakashi. I'll support you.

I watched him hug his knees and continue to sob. He might look strong on the outside but after it all, he breaks down when he's alone.

I close my eyes "Yume no justsu." I casted on him. I quickly run inside his house using the kitchen window before he pass out and hit the ground.

He's sleeping peacefully now.  I put him inside a dream. I lay my hand on his forehead to see what he's dreaming off.

"Now, you were late Obito." Kakashi cross his arms, starring down at his friend "What time do you think we were supposed to meet?!"

"I helped a grandma cross the street! I even carried her bag!" Obito said as an excused.

"You're full of excuses. A grandma doesn't appear everyday."

"Stop you two." Rin laugh. She sat on a pic nic cloth under a tree. The sky was blue and the sun is shining just perfectly. Flowers bloom everywhere; it looks like a paradise.

I watch Kakashi and Obito ran up to Rin and argue about who should sit next to her. In the end, Rin sat across them and the two guys sat with each other.