Chapter 8: I admired you

Warning! This chapter is ugly and cringy so sorry in advance hehehe....a potato like me don't really know a lot about romance.

"4th hokage," I kneel before Minato-sensei, head down "Please accept me as part of your ANBU."

"It's unlike you to come here and make that request Kasuno." He stood in front of me and raised me up "Why do you want to be part of my ANBU? Not that you aren't capable or powerful enough...its just you're too soft to be part of that group."

I hesitated and looked away but told him my true intentions anyways "I heard that you assigned Kakashi-senpai as part of your ANBU...I want to watch over him."

I felt him rest a hand on my shoulder "I already got someone doing the job Kasuno..."

I look at him in utter disappointment "Is t-"

"But seeing how you really care for Kakashi...I'll take you in." He smiled at me brightly "I don't know well about your feelings for him but you reminded me of myself. I watched Kushina for a long time too."

If I'm not hallucinating, I could actually see the hokage blushing.

"Hokage-sama," I called softly, finally meeting his eyes "Kakashi...he's still a traumatized kid. I may not be the closest person to him but I know enough. He looks strong but inside he's shattered. I'm scared that one day, he'll go on a mission and never come back. I'm scared that all the hate and loneliness in him will build up and he'll end up being an enemy."

"That's why you're here Kasuno." He look out the window and let the breeze hit him "I appointed Kakashi in ANBU because I hope it will ease the pain in his heart a little," he then look back at me and I could see the sadness and concern in his eyes "but when I hear how people talk about him, I fear that I might have ended up giving him more pain."

"That's not true." I protested "You're one of the reasons why Kakashi is still here. He looks up to you a lot Hokage-sama."

"Thank you Kasuno. I hope you continue to watch over Kakashi and give him strength. That kid, he needs someone he can lean on and get support." He smiled at me "Be his will of fire. Be the reason he smiles again."

I look out the window as I sat on my bed, suddenly remembering that time I had with Minato-sensei. After that, he assigned me to go on some missions with Kakashi. But I wasn't part of his team Ro. I was just an additional person randomly tagging along. I was afraid he'll remember my chakra and find out I'm the person always talking to him with telephaty. I was afraid if he finds out, he'll shoo me away.

"Kakashi, I've been waiting for you." I smiled when I felt his presence in my room. He stood in front of my window.

I stood up and approach him. He might have noticed the way I walked. I could see confussion and worry in his eyes.

"Let's go." I managed to hop out the window and jump to the roof. I moved slowly with Kakashi following behind me. Suddenly, I felt his arms wrap tight on me as he picked me up.