Chapter VII: 痛み.

°×*×°

Memories.

MEMORIES ARE a powerful thing; negative and positive. We can never get rid of them, they haunt us when we least expect it and bless us when we mostly need them.

Astoria was being haunted and chased tirelessly in her dream. One minute she was reliving a heartfelt, warm moment of their lives together while she was younger. Picnics, movie nights and pillow fights were sweet memories to her; pure bliss but then the dream turned sour and foul-smelling. Images of her dead Nana with blood-red eyes and blood trickling from them, choking on her own blood; dying as slowly and painfully as possible. She tossed and turned as images of her dead loved one flashed by. Constantly pictures of a mutated Nana consistently flashed by. Some were extremely exaggerated where Nana lied brutally murdered; headless but still chanting.

"You could have saved me."

"If only I didn't give you that necklace.."

"Cursed child.. those around you will all die!"

"Cursed child.. those you love will never return from you alive.."

"Cursed child!"

"Cursed CHILD!"

Astoria awoken with a jump, eyes wide and frantic, hair stuck to her from her profoundly sweating body. Her breathing was irregular and jaggered. She was forcing it out, choking on some as if her body had forgotten how to breathe. She held onto her chest

Seeing her grandmother's sagging,  murdered dead body wasn't easy. In fact, It most distinctly wasn't easy.

Now to think, that her Nana was gone forever was painful of thought to Astoria. To keep envisioning her face now and knowing it won't be there laughing, smiling or even be even frustrated with her at her some of her stupid ideas. All Astoria could see constantly was a dead Nana, over and over.

Astoria shook her head to try to get rid of the thoughts but it was impossible, the pain was still fresh and overbearing, saying that she missed her greatly would be an understatement. Astoria's heart was breaking into more than a billion, tiny pieces, her rock was gone and she was floating out into space to the deep, dark, unknown abyss.

It was nerve-wracking to her.

Love comes in many different forms, to be to rely on someone is the most comfortable thing a person can encounter whether it ve from a love one or a sexual partner; it makes you feel good. Astoria's love for her Nana ran with deep, thick roots of various connections.  A best friend that she could tell her problems to and not get a bias response but full of honesty and genuine love. She never judged Astoria or made her feel like she was a disappointment for some of her mistakes but instead uplifted and encouraged her to not make the same ones again. This person in Astoria's life was gone and never coming back to her again.

Anger and malice, sorrow and heartbreak, her emotions were bubbling into one big ball of depression and uncertainty. All of her emotions were out of sync with one of another all resulting into one thing; being powerless.