Chapter X: Chained.

°×*×°
Astoria got up from the grassy floor of the forest. She looked at the giant trees looming over her and studying her surroundings, she took a step forward until she reached a clearing. It was then she recognised her surroundings, it was where she saw the titan eat the babe in cold horror. 

Gulping loudly, she walked back into the forest, feeling safer there than in the open in an unfamiliar place she didn't know the mapping of. The trees though blocked her version, they also helped her to keep hidden from an unknown dangers. Astoria closed her eyes and wondered what she was doing at this location, what more was there for her to see at this place?

The odour of rain could be smelt and she gazed to the heavens seeing the clouds to be grey and full very ready to burst at any moment. Her feet moved mindlessly in search of shelter from the upcoming shower, slight thumping loudly behind her in a quick run under her weight as the wet dirt shifed. She not where to go to hide from it thus resulting in her wandering almost giving up as the rain had indeed began, bathing her in its icy, harsh droplets until she found a cave. It was cold and jaggered but it was shelter from the rain drops pelting on her skin like sharp pebbles.

Goose bumps littered her skin, her clothes soaked and stuck to her body. She was cold so she rubbed her arms ferociously and vigorously in an attempt to warm herself up and stop her from shivering. She dared not to take off her wet clothes since she knew not what lurked in the shadows of the foreign place. To be caught off guard and unprepared was the motto of the dead; Astoria planned not to be that anytime soon. Looking outside, she saw that the rain had stopped to a slight drizzle and left the cave in hope that the sun that was peeping out its head would dry her, she just didn't feel safe and protected in the cave.

Then she heard it, giggling getting closer with each step she took. Quietly she peered behind a bush to see a pool, trying to located where exactly the childish sound was coming from, her eyes focused on a caucasian, little boy with dark hair and only wore a shaggy, cotton brown pants running around a lake with a stick in his hand, immovable smile plastered on his face grinning from cheek to cheek chasing after a rabbit.

Astoria watched the boy but soon noticed she wasn't the only one keeping watch if the young child. A beautiful lady was flowing, brown hair was looking intensely at the boy that caught the rabbit and was now petting the miniature, furry creature.

The child noticed his supervision from the woman in the water and hurriedly placed the bunny down, grinning ear to ear as he walked closer to her. Astoria saw their lips moving but heard not what they were saying even with her improved hearing, she was still too far. She was at a safe distance to not be seen or heard, Astoria moved closer to the boy being curious in what he was saying.

Slipping away slowly from her hiding spot in the higher grass and foliage. She walked lowly to the ground, watching her step and being careful so not to step on any fallen branches, alerting them of where she was. She made it to the lower but thicker vegetation that was closer to the boy and the woman in the water where she saw him running directly for the lake. "ελέγξτε αυτό έξω!" (Check this out!) The young boy shouted in excitement.

Later being taken for suprise when she saw him jump into the lake with a loud splash, Astoria stood with an amazed look in her eyes until she heard the woman's scolding, "Πρίγκιπα μου, είσαι καλά?" (Mine prince, are thou alright?)

The child rose to the surface of the water, a grin still covering his face and the woman hurriedly touched his cheeks worried. It was then Astoria saw her webbed fingers, realising she was not normal but instead a sea creature and that is why she did not leave the water to walk on land.