Chapter XIV: Exhaustion.

°×*×°

Astoria tiredly plopped down on the bed in her towel. She had just come from another training and she was sore at all the activities she just had to endure. It had been a week since Astoria had started her training and also a week since she had last seen Pluto; since the day he had healed her injuries. Astoria always wondered what had happened but every day from her training, she was too tired to care that much. She felt his side of the bed, hid pillow held no dent and the sheets were cold.

With a sigh, she turned to fully face his side and grabbed his pillow; taking a big sniff, searching for his scent. Gripping the pillow in an extreme bear hug, she felt safer. Every day she was learning a lot more of her existence and how much more she shouldn't exist. Her mother had done a great taboo and then fled. Demons were shun upon as they weren't of natural order, they were Pluto's creations.

Gods had no problem with breeding humans and having a bit of fun with them as they believed them to be toys. That's all they thought of them as toys for their amusement, nothing more. Disposable toys that prayed and worshipped them, the thought of having these pathetic humans as a mate was comedic but the fact, Ceres would have sex with the revived demonic counterpart of these humans and allow herself to become pregnant was infuriating to some gods.

The fact that Ceres, a high ranking god and bachelorette that many gods ran after and wanted her decided to breed with a species considered by the gods lower than a human. Ceres fled and was never to be seen again, she broke a prophecy or was it that it was interpreted wrong?

Demons were once humans, ghosts granted a second chance. Questions swirled around in Astoria's brain but one kept repeating itself constantly.

'Who is Nana exactly?' No answer came to her that made sense, it was all too confusing. Her world was always in a spiral of ups and downs since she knew life. Astoira sighed as she tightened her grip down into Pluto's pillow. She took another deep sniff and got a hint of his masculine scent, for some reason she felt her heart go out to him. She missed him as if they knew each other for years instead of weeks.

She didn't know what was happening to her body until she started to grind his pillow and smell it once more. She squeezed it with all her force and rubbed her bare sex on it. "Pluto... where are..you?" She had become so used to him being there when she woke up that this feeling of emptiness had set in now.

Sighing loudly, she loosened her hold as she did this, the door opened and she sprang up, "Pluto?" But instead Cosmos walked in and meowed confused. Astoria walked to door and closed it then walked the bathroom closet to get her some shorts. She felt tempted as she saw Pluto's dark coloured shirts hanged adjacent to her clothes.

Running a curious finger over them, Astoria took a sleeve from a random black one she liked and ran her fingers around the patterns on the cuff. Astoria dragged the shirt from where it hanged and slipped her arms in it, it swallowed her frame to her thighs, her shorts were covered.

Leaving two buttons opened, she set out on a mission to find Pluto. Cosmos had followed her outside, "Help me find him, Cosmos." Cosmo leaped down the stairs and Astoria followed. She felt her training with Abaddon had helped to loosen up her muscles, though she had only gained a bit more stamina, having to climb trees to retrieve her arrows had built a lot of muscle quickly.

Her ability to grow claws had improved as many times, she would have fallen and broken her neck if not for them. Astoria ran to where Cosmos was sprinting. He had taken her to the other side of the house that she had never gone to since she either had no time to explore or was too tired to.

Cosmos stopped at a door and jumped into her arms. "Is this it, baby?" He meowed softly then jumped out of her arms, leaving her alone in front of a dark coloured, heavy looking door. Astoria opened the door and peeped inside to see Pluto with his shirt slightly unbuttoned shirt and the sleeves rolled up showing off his tattoos. His hair was untamed and hanging down his face in straight strands, a bottle of whiskey on his broad, dark wood desk and a glass with ice in it. Pluto's sole attention was his laptop as he typed away and checked off things on the stack of papers beside of him.