Chapter IX: Dishonour.

°×*×°

PLUTO CONTINUED to stare intensely at Astoria, her heart stammering and thumping loudly in her chest so much that she was afraid that he could hear it from such a distance. Astoria knew she was in deep trouble since she could see his jawline continuously flexing, she gulped and licked her lips before making the effort to speak. Pluto's eyes snapped to her lips as he watched her tongue dart across them quickly. "I.. uh don't know yet." She felt his rage as he began to get up to move closer to her.

She back away slightly, "But- but! When that little girl took me to the library, there was a secret entrance.. it had a ruby!" Pluto stopped in his tracks and folded his arms and waited for her to continue, Astoria racked her brain trying to remember the events, they filled her brain and bounced about it. Confusion masked her face and distraught in her voice, "And.. the necklace Nana gave me.. It reacted to it...-" Astoria fisted her chest in search of it when she felt nothing. "I fucked up, didn't I? I lost the last thing I had of her, I'm so dumb." Her eyes betrayed her trying to not show any emotions and began to water.

Pluto sighed, he pitied the little half mortal girl, slowlt walking closer to her then sat on the bed. He watched her until he grew tired of her sniffs and dragged her to his chest. "Who is trying to kill you, Astoria? I cannot protect you from something I don't know what to expect." Astoria looked up at his cold, dark grey eyes that reminded her of an icy, shivering storm then she looked down at the jewel stuck in her right hand.

"It formed into this...Thing." She rubbed it gently feeling it and looked at its hypnotic magenta colour.
"They said they're former titans banished.. or cursed as a dragon now.. and that my death will start this terrible war that will crumble the balance and Earth along with it. "

Raising his eyebrow slowly at what Astoria just said, Pluto was sceptical of it all. Astoria saw this," Maybe this will help.. the dragon said that.. the person trying to kill me.. has the ability to light up the sky?" Pluto's eyes darted quickly to her face to detect any lies being told to him but he saw none. Astoria lifted up her hand and showed him the jewel, "See? This jewel is the dragons and I don't know the language of it but they told me everything."

Pluto looked at her right hand ardously and with flashing blue eyes he tried to see what she was pointing but it was fruitless. "I see no jewel but the writing? Yes." He gripped her hand and rubbed the oval shaped spot that the tattoos didn't occupy on her hand, he felt nothing. Cursing, he dropped her hand to the dark sheeted bed.

Leaving her side, he entered the bathroom and slammed the door, the sound of glass shattering could be heard on the other side. Astoria winced slightly at the sound of him shouting and glass being broken.

Suddenly the noise stopped and Pluto exited in different attire in an all black bodysuit that fit him snuggly. His cold eyes darted to Astoria and he walked up to the bed then pulled her feet to him. Astoria yelped at his rough treatment and her mood turned from pitiful to anger, she believed that this was his fault, if he had just left her alone; her life would have been very different from how it is now.

"Don't do anything stupid." He gripped her jaw tightly in his glove covered hands. Astoria tried to push him off but he just moved closer to her until he was directly in front of her face and his breath could be felt on her lips. Astoria felt herself drawn to kiss him, her body movrd on its own and leaned to him, his eyes glanced down at her lips and he noted how her breathing had changed to being hard and laborious.

The dark god already knew what was happening since he felt the same way and almost compelled to push her against the bed and have his way with her, he found himself giving into this when his grip loosen turning tender and pulling her closer until he heard her urgent whimper for him to hurry that snapped him out of his trance and he jumped off of her as if he had been electrocuted. Pluto gritted his teeth so harshly that any normal person's teeth would've been dust.