Prologue.✅

PLUTO STOOD coldly among the other him.

"Who does he think he is?"

"He shouldn't be here."

"Outsider."

Slowly sipping the gods' erythros nectar with his feet gently lapped. He was calm because he knew small dogs yapped the loudest but that still didn't stop his dark matter from slipping out and hissing at them. He sighed tirelessly, work was to be finished at home while he was here; stuck, only wishing to know why he was suddenly summoned by his brother, Jupiter. It has been roughly 500 mortal years since he last went to these boring meetings but his brother stated it was urgent.

As if on queue, Jupiter entered and all restless buzzing immediately ceased. Venus was close at his side with a wild look in her eyes and slightly fidgeted with her peach loose-fitting drape. Jupiter lightly touched her shoulder which seemed to soothe her somewhat but as Venus' eyes met Pluto's it triggered something causing her to immediately pale and slightly shake.

Pluto slowly raised an eyebrow at this, he didn't remember personally offending the goddess of love why should she be so frightened of him? He couldn't think of any confrontations that he posed a threat directed at her.

Jupiter sat on his throne of light and gold with designs of lightning symbols patterning all over. Jupiter tapped his feet covered in sandals and his biceps and ankles held with golden bracelets. Jupiter's crown mirrored his seat as it sparkled of pure gold with little diamonds engraved deep to signify his domain of the sky and lightning designing to show his power, his sleeveless knee-length tunic pure white slightly allowing a pink nipple to be seen to show his uniqueness and purity. The trident gripped tightly in his right hand.

Untainted.

He was everything Pluto could never be. Jupiter had hair that was very light blonde and perfectly curled against his forehead, he bored no facial hair, showing off his baby face. Amber eyes with flecks of blue. If no one knew he wasn't a god, Jupiter looked as if he was carved to be the exact picture of a "pretty boy."

Pluto scratched his chin and grunted at his gruff beard that grew too fast, his too sharp of a jawline and was jealous of his brother's softer features as he believed his eyes to be too dark of a grey and brown eyes. His hair pitch black though it also had some curl, it was mostly straight. Features rough, they painted an image of that of a stern father. His skin wasn't vibrant with a pleasant, soft glow like Jupiter but instead held dull darkness and was unremarkably pale against the pitch-black short-sleeved tunic. This is why he hated these things, his younger brother was the total opposite of him like the night to day.

Pluto had already taken his seat on his designated seat of a replica of his own throne. Black with skulls on it and small writings of curses.

"We're here to announce a mating." Jupiter's voice echoed through the dining hall. "Venus, if you will."

Venus coughed slightly and rubbed her arm feverishly. "Er, yes.. your highness." Venus stared dead into Pluto's eyes.

Pluto felt his pulse quicken, could it be?

"The God of the Underworld has found his match. 1000 years from now, a babe shall be birthed and blessed with the name Astoria."

"What will she be the god of?" The lesser gods asked jealously. Why should that outcast be given a mate?

Venus cleared her throat loudly. "She.. she will be no god. She will be mortal."

Snickers erupted. "A mortal? Those pathetic creatures? I guess uselessness does group together." A newer, lesser god stated.

A growled broke through. In a flash, his head laid neatly on the floor as blood slowly pooled out of his slumped body as it hit the floor.

This is why no one spoke loudly to Pluto to his face and only whispered behind his back. He was well known for his rage and wrath to comments spoken directly at him. Pluto slowly stood up and spoke, "Does anyone else have any other remarks to make about my mate?"

Silence stood and the air turned thick. The smell of death choked their sense as well as the metallic scent of blood. He was the god of the Underworld. He will not be disrespected.

"I have let you have your gossip and your sly statements but do not forget your place or my power because I have kept my peace." Pluto looked coldly at all who were present then he looked at his brother who worn a sly smirk on his face but that quickly faded.

Fixing his tunic, he went to head of the boy who rudely spoke to him and picked it up and threw it at the feet of his brother which caused tiny bits of blood to splash on his pure white clothes.

Tainting it.

"Control your pests, brother. Or I will educate them for you."

And then Pluto, the God of the Underworld left never to be seen until the birth of his mortal mate, 1017 years to be exact later.

This very present year.

Published: 10/06/20.