Chapter Eight

Nothing has been going on. I've been sleeping in Alex's cabin, Mandee has been leaving us alone, the only thing happening now....

The Games.

It's like a battle for your lives between the cabins. I have never seen so many competitive high schoolers in one area.

The first day it is tug of war. And it is raining. So, it was very hard to stay standing when you were on a big mud puddle. And when anyone fell, you got covered in mud.

We got to face Pink. They forfeited because they didn't want to get mud on their outfits or break their nails. Fine by me, that just means we get to survive another day.

Alex finds me and says, "So they forfeited?"

"Yup!" I say, hugging him.

"Well, I'm up next and a kid from my cabin has been in the medical station... wanna help me?" He winks.

"Why do you want me to help you?" I ask, laughing.

"Because you're my girlfriend and I want you to play with me." He smiles his perfect smile.

"Okay."

He squeezes me. "Awesome!"

"Who are you facing?"

"Blue."

My eyes get wide. "Brady's cabin?"

"Yes." He chuckles.

"Okay. I'm in."

We go set up by the rope and Brady's right in front facing our team. Alex is behind me and forces me to be up front, looking right at him.

Brady smiles evilly and looks behind me to Alex. "Grace is on your team?"

"Yes. Why? Worried you'll lose?" Alex says back.

Brady chuckles. "Not at all."

We all get set and I'm just focusing on Not. Letting. Go. Of. The. Rope.

"GO!" Someone yells and I pull back with all of my strength. I don't know if I really helped, but we start pulling the rope and Blue towards our side.

Someone from the back is yelling "PULL PULL PULL!" and my Purples are yelling "GOOO GRAACEEE!!!!!!!"

I start pulling harder, so hard that my muscles start aching.

Alex says from behing me, "We got this!!" and the rope's middle goes over to our side and we pull the Blues all the way to the middle where a happy huge mud puddle is calling their name.

Brady is the first to fall in and groans about getting mud ALL over his front side, top to bottom. The rest of his team get up and walk away but Brady walks right towards me.

The rest of the Reds, Alex's cabin, are cheering and whooping and hollering.

Brady lifts up his muddy hand for a high-five and says, "Nice work out there, new girl."

I shake my head no and say, "Thanks but no thanks to the muddy high-five."

He walks towards me again, "You know you want a hug."

"No, no I don't want a hug."

"You know you want one!" He says, walking towards me again.

He begins to reach his arms out and I start to back up but I slip and fall on my butt right in a mud puddle. I shriek and Brady bursts out laughing. I get a handful of mud and throw it at him.

He yells, "Oh, NO!" and I burst out laughing, get up, and start running away.

He throws mud at me from behind and it stains the back of my t-shirt. I lean down and throw another pile of mud but miss him. He laughs and throws 2 handfuls of mud at me. One hits me right in the face and the other hits my leg.