Chapter Twenty-Two

Brady is fine with me being friends with Alex. And yes, friends. We have not talked or been around each other much.

Actually, it's been three days and the only thing that's different is, when we see each other, we actually say hi, smile, and wave instead of just pretending like the other person isn't there.

I've been spending all of my time with Brady. Riley and I are kind of pretending like nothing happened, just like we did with the kiss. We're back to normal but I'm still spending pretty much all of my time with Brady because there's only ten days left and I want to spend every second I can with him.

When he's doing something, I also spend time with my cabin mates. Ella and Haley are a lot more talkative. Kayleigh is sad a lot because she keeps saying how much she's going to miss this place.

We're all going to miss this place. I'm going to miss everyone here... even Addie. Even if she was a complete psychopath most of the time, for a week or so, she was actually... improved, let's just leave it at that.

And, now that her perfect Barbie doll, Queen Bee image is cracked again and she's actually nice, maybe, just like Alex and I, we can just be friends for the last few days of camp. Don't count on anything, though. I said MAYBE.

If we get too friendly, she might feel the need to come back next year. She's nice now, but that doesn't mean that I'm not still cheering that she's g-o-n-e-GONE!

Enough with the little updates, let me get started on what's going on right now.

Brady twirls his fingers in my hair while I sit on his lap sideways, my head on his chest and shoulder. I close my eyes and just enjoy his soft touch. He stops playing with my hair and places his arms around me, holding me close.

He whispers in my ear, "What ever happened to your sketchbook?"

"Hmm?" I say, sleepily.

"Your sketchbook that you added a new drawing to everyday before your dad died."

"Oh, that. I guess I just stopped after the funeral. I forgot all about it."

"You still promised me I could see it at the end of camp."

"No, no, no! I said you could see it when it was finished at the end of camp. It won't be finished, so you'll have to wait another year." I say, winking at him.

"Not fair." He groans.

I laugh and snuggle in to his chest again. Brady lifts my chin up for our lips to meet and kisses me softly. I kiss back then return my head to his shoulder.

He smiles and whispers, "I love you."

I say, "I love you more," and Brady starts arguing back but I slowly fall asleep.

When I wake up, Brady still hasn't moved and is watching me. His eyes light up when he sees me awake and I kiss his cheek.

"How long was I out?"

"Only about a half hour."

"You could've woken me up and moved."

"I was perfectly comfortable." He winks at me.

I smile and close my eyes again. It's quiet and I almost fall asleep until Brady wakes me up again by asking, "Grace, do you think we'll make it until next year?"

My eyes quickly open and I stare at him in shock. "Yes, I do think that. That is what I've said all along. Why are you bringing this up again?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking about it while you were asleep."